Bergengren Credit Union is currently accepting applications for the position of Teller at the Antigonish Branch. This is a part-time position and requires the incumbent to be flexible to work various shift hours as required.
Bergengren Credit Union Ltd. is a full service financial institution which has operated as a viable financial choice for its members since 1933. We have over $215,000,000 in assets; a membership of approx. 16,000 and 3 Branches (New Glasgow; Antigonish; St. Andrews).
Reporting to the Assistant Branch Manager, the Teller will be responsible for:
- Providing exceptional customer service to current and prospective Credit Union members.
- Identifying members’ financial needs; matching to the appropriate product and/or referring the members to the appropriate department.
- Handling transactions of the credit union and its members while ensuring proper documentation and entry to the data system.
- Processing and balancing daily work in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Understanding all products and services offered by the Bergengren Credit Union. These include but not limited to facts and features; benefits and advantages; rules and regulations and price structure.
- Assisting in the promotion of products and services to credit union members.
- Resolving problems or discrepancies concerning member accounts within assigned limits.
- Following the credit union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Demonstrating a team approach and providing support to the Front Line team.
- Completing other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a High School diploma or GED plus have up to one year’s related experience and/or training; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The successful candidate will also have:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites
- Experience working with cash and in a sales and service environment would be an asset
Key Skills and Competencies:
- Adaptability to Change
- Customer Service Orientation
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Results Orientation
- Teamwork and Co-operation
- Strategic Orientation
Bergengren Credit Union offers an outstanding culture and work environment together with competitive benefits and compensation package.
Applications close on May 9, 2014. Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume in confidence to:
Layla Khalil, Human Resources Manager
Bergengren Credit Union257 Main Street
Antigonish, NS B2G 2C1
Email: email@example.com (when sending applications by e-mail, please submit in MS Word format or PDF)
We wish to thank all applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.