Vice President, Strategic Change
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the two-year term position of Vice President, Strategic Change to lead the development and implementation of change strategies for the Atlantic credit union system. The incumbent will also provide vision, leadership, direction and oversight to departments under their direct supervision, ensuring alignment with the overall missions and strategies of Atlantic Central (AC) and League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM). In addition, as a member of the Executive Management Team, he or she will participate in the development and implementation of long and short-term strategic goals and objectives and provide oversight of the operations of both organizations.
Reporting to the President and CEO, the Vice-President, Strategic Change will be responsible for:
- Participating in the development of long and short-term goals and objectives for the two organizations including strategic plans, business plans, and budgets
- Effectively communicates the vision and objectives of both organizations to all stakeholders.
- Leading the annual strategic planning process for AC and LSM, in conjunction with the President and CEO.
- Providing leadership, direction and guidance to carry out major plans and overseeing the development and implementation of policies and procedures for functional area.
- Reviewing operational results for functional area, advising management on desirable operational adjustments due to regulatory change, current economic conditions and related matters that may impact the financial stability and soundness of the companies, and taking appropriate action to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Designing, leading and overseeing the maintenance of the enterprise change management program. Working jointly with cross-functional teams to create, deploy, and manage these enterprise-wide programs. Evaluating program effectiveness through the development of key metrics to measure results and impact.
- Overseeing and contributing to the development, implementation and ongoing evolution of the integrated Relationship Management Strategy for AC and LSM, including responsibility for managing key relationships as assigned within the strategy and ensuring Relationship Managers understand the key strategies driving AC and LSM and are effectively communicating them to key stakeholders.
- Ensuring products, services and strategies are aligned with key strategic priorities in the Strategic Change Division.
- Overseeing the continued development and use of the project management program for both organizations and ensuring projects are aligned with corporate strategy.
- Leading the implementation of Lean Six Sigma programs in AC and LSM and acting as a champion for the development of operational efficiency in both organizations.
The ideal candidate for this position will have successfully completed a Bachelors degree preferably in business or commerce, plus have 8 to 10 years senior management experience in a financial industry; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience. The candidate will also have change management and project management certification.
The successful candidate will also have the following skill set:
- Strong oral and written communication skills with proven ability in clearly articulating messages to a variety of audiences
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational and system issues and challenges
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Extensive experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies (e.g. Prosci)
- Proven ability leading large-scale change efforts including developing and implementing change strategies and plans.
- Extensive project management knowledge
- Proven strategic planning ability
- Proven ability in making sound business decisions
- Working knowledge of regulatory environment
- Demonstrated governance acumen
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Proven ability in managing competing priorities and agility in adapting to changing requirements and multi-disciplinary environment.
The successful candidate will also demonstrate strong competencies in:
- Building Relationships & Partnerships
- Change Leadership
- Developing Others
- Listening, Understanding and Responding
- Impact and Influence
- Organizational Awareness
- Results Orientation
- Team Leadership
- Strategic Orientation
This is a two-year term position and salary will be commensurate with experience. Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Tuesday, April 1, 2014.
Interested candidates should forward their résumé, including salary expectations, in confidence, to:
Human Resources Department
PO Box 9200, Station A
Halifax, NS B3K 5N3
Email: email@example.com (When sending applications by e-mail, please send in MS Word format)