Canadian Credit Unions Receive Record Number of IPSOS® Best Banking Awards
Canadian credit unions received a record nine awards, including the coveted Customer Service Excellence award, from IPSOS for 11th year running!
Among all financial institutions, Canadians ranked credit unions first in overall Customer Service Excellence and Branch Service Excellence for the 11th consecutive year. Credit unions were also awarded sole honors for the Values My Business award for the eighth year in a row. In total, Canada’s credit unions received a record number of nine awards through the annual 2015 Ipsos® Best Banking Awards .
In total, Canadian credit unions were awarded nine awards in the following categories:
- First for Customer Service Excellence (11th consecutive year);
- First for Branch Service Excellence (11th consecutive year);
- First for Values My Business (eighth consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for Products & Services Excellence;
- Winner (tied) for Financial Planning and Advice (eighth consecutive year);
- Winner (tied) for ATM Banking Excellence;
- Winner (tied) for Online Banking Excellence;
- Winner (tied) for Live Agent Telephone Banking Excellence (third consecutive year); and
- Winner (tied) for Automated Telephone Banking Excellence; (third consecutive year) [Note: prior to 2013 there was a single Award for total Telephone Banking, which the credit union system shared each year from 2008 to 2012].
“While a lot of organizations talk about putting their customers first, credit unions have a long and distinguished history of providing an ongoing and meaningful commitment to customer service, along with continued fiscal responsibility. These awards are a testament to this approach to doing business – and we want to extend our thanks to all of our members who rated us,” explained Martha Durdin, president and CEO, Credit Union Central of Canada.
“Canadian credit unions remain unique in the ways that they conduct business and serve their customers (members). This is reflected in the very core of daily operations through social responsibility and community outreach programs – and resulted in making credit unions what they are today; the cornerstones of community strength,” added Ms. Durdin.
To view a list of the 2015 winners, click here.