Credit Union Professionals Back from Africa
Twenty-two credit union professionals are back in Canada after spending two weeks in Africa as part of the Canadian Co-operative Association’s (CCA) Credit Union Coaching Program. Their experiences echo the United Nation’s International Year of Co-operatives theme, “co-operative enterprises build a better world”.
The team members departed January 20th for Ghana, Malawi and Uganda where they spent 14 days providing hands-on coaching and mentorship to credit union managers and staff. The credit union coaches are listed below.
Mark Ventry from the Ontario Co-operative Association accompanied the Ghana coaches and blogged about their experiences at http://theviewfromherecca.blogspot.com, while Cory Munden from Leading Edge Credit Union blogged about the experiences in Uganda at http://leadingedgecu.blogspot.com.
Through CCA, and with the financial assistance of the Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), missions like this one are helping co-operative organizations make sustainable economic and social improvements in their communities, regions and countries.
- Craig Barclay, Pierceland Credit Union, SK
- Brian Bentley, Integris Credit Union, BC
- Barbara Dalzell, Winnipeg Police Credit Union, MB
- Scott Kennedy, Central 1, ON
- Karen McBride, Concentra Financial, SK
- Dennis Matthies, Access Credit Union, MB
- Anthony Okuchi, Vancity, BC
- Erin Robinson, Vancity, BC
- Michael Turner, Credential and Valley Credit Union, NS
- Mark Ventry, On Co-op, ON
- David Domes, Sanford Credit Union, MB
- Lennie Hampton, Superior Credit Union, ON
- Heidi Hyokki, Interior Savings, BC
- Beverley Maxim, retired, SK
- Garth Sheane, Retired, BC
- Deborah Edwards, Coastal Community Credit Union, BC
- Vanessa Elliott, Servus Credit Union, AB
- Cory Munden, Leading Edge Credit Union, NL
- Brad Schultz, Horizon Credit Union, SK
- Miriam Valois, Vancity, BC
- Sheldon Wagner, Alberta Treasury Dept., AB
- Harvey Wedgewood, Minnedosa Credit Union, MB