Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a one-year term position of Cooperative Social Responsibility (CSR) Officer.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. League Savings, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of CSR Officer, you will be responsible for implementing and administering Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives, fostering strong programs and partnerships, and acting on opportunities with local nonprofit organizations that support and advance the company’s CSR strategy.
- Sustainability reporting, including monitoring, benchmarking and measuring the integration of CSR into the company’s policies, practices, operations and key business strategies.
- Assessing department functions and activities, identifying opportunity areas and creating action plans for the integration of CSR into each.
- Fostering awareness, engagement and transparency about CSR initiatives by developing and delivering CSR communications and training.
- Collaborating on the development of the workplan for the implementation of the recommendations from the Benchmarking Report.
- Working with credit unions to build awareness of the company’s CSR framework and assisting them in evolving and/or developing their own sustainability strategies.
- Identifying sponsorship criteria and policies and managing and administering the sponsorship program internally and with partner organizations.
- Overseeing the production of the annual sustainability report.
- Researching, recommending and managing the implementation and development of CSR programs and initiatives.
- Collaborating with other committees engaged in company initiatives supporting social justices, diversity, inclusion and community.
- Fostering partnerships and acting on opportunities with local nonprofit organizations that will further enable the CSR strategy.
- Conducting research and staying up to date on sustainability and CSR best practices and standards, policies and commitments and analyzing social, environmental and economic data to identify trends and opportunities to improve the performance and impact of the company.
This position offers the ability to telecommute.
This position requires occasional travel, throughout Atlantic Canada.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, specializing in social impact, environment science, sustainability or equivalent. The incumbent will also have 5 years working with CSR and Sustainability related initiatives within the for-profit sector; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. B Corp certification process experience will be considered an asset.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You are passionate about fostering social value and helping organizations positively impact the communities within which they operate and have experience designing and developing CSR policies, processes and training. Communication is one of your strengths, you have demonstrated presentation skills and are able to effectively rally different groups of stakeholders towards common goals and objectives. You’re adept at working with measurement tools like the Global Reporting Initiative, and synthesizing facts and figures comes easily to you.
This is a one year term position and salary will be commensurate with experience. Atlantic Central offers a competitive contract benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on May 7, 2021.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to email@example.com.