Account Manager (East – Atlantic Provinces)
The Canadian Credit Union Association (CCUA) is the national trade association for the Canadian credit union industry. Canada’s credit unions are vital competitors in the financial services industry.
As the national voice and forum for Canada’s credit unions, CCUA actively leads and participates in initiatives to build successful, competitive, and growing credit unions in Canada. Our team of experts are called on to provide support to our members through strong advocacy, expert research and the provision of value-add services.
To achieve this, we hire talented and driven people interested in working in a dynamic part of the financial services industry in Canada. We are currently hiring for an Account Manager (East – Atlantic Provinces).
Reporting directly to the Senior Manager, Sales & Relationship Management, the Account Manager executes the sales and pipeline activities for CCUA’s education and professional development department. The incumbent is a key contributor to the revenue goals by matching the products, services, and programs to credit union needs, focusing on proactive credit union engagement to ensure employees and board members have the skills and capabilities required to be competitive in the rapidly changing financial services industry.
Deliverables and Main Supporting Activities:
1. Sales and Pipeline Growth
Responsible for selling CCUA’s Education & Professional Development products to achieve assigned revenue targets that may be annual, or campaign based. Proactive collaboration with credit unions focusing on sales growth, pipelines and relationships.
• Meet revenue targets by confidently and knowledgeably discussing credit union business needs to diagnose training issues, provide advice and identify where additional products, services, courses or programs would be appropriate.
• Execute the sales, marketing, and pipeline development strategies.
• Provide outstanding service when responding to incoming credit union inquiries.
• Proactively make outbound contact to credit unions to grow CCUA’s market position.
• Identify and action prospects for future education and professional development opportunities.
• Ensure effective use and integration of CRM in all advice-based activities (i.e., outbound calls)
2. Promote an environment of continual professional development product and service knowledge
• Stay up to date and well versed on the various CCUA/CUIC/CUDA products, services and programs.
• Share insights on the education & professional development needs of credit unions, in a continually evolving financial services industry to the Education & Professional Development team to inform product changes or updates and new opportunities.
• Actively promote career planning, learner pathways, and CUIC/CUDA Accreditations and Designations in conversations with credit unions.
• In collaboration with the Senior Manager, Sales & Relationship Management, analyze data to determine targets for future product and/or service delivery.
• Support Credit Union HR staff in the promotion of continual learning with their teams.
3. Marketing and Product Promotion
Create awareness and a strong call to action for CCUA’s Education & Professional Development products, services, and programs. Provide insights and execute the marketing strategy through planful marketing and promotional activities. Ensure learner adoption of courses and programs through targeted outbound contact and storytelling.
• Gather credit union insights during regularly scheduled touch-point meetings.
• In collaboration with the sales team, provide insights on sales collateral needs and requirements.
• Attend industry and partner conferences and networking events to promote CCUA education and professional development products, programs and services.
• Use listening and questioning skills to identify new credit union learning opportunities.
• Seek new and innovative ways to collaborate with credit unions.
• Identify learners with compelling stories for future marketing and communication efforts.
• Collaborate with the Education & Professional Development team to identify targets for products, services and programs.
• Suggest topics for the regular Education Update newsletter, social media and other campaigns.
• Monitor sales and adjust marketing and product promotion as required for assigned clients.
4. Support Digital Transformation
Innovate and leverage evolving technology to bring additional value to member credit unions and an exceptional experience to credit union employees and board of directors.
• Seek opportunities for enhancing digital processes, programs, and experiences.
• Collaborate with Education & Professional Development team to identify new digital sales opportunities and emerging trends that support industry leading learner experiences.
• Identify barriers to digital adoption at the learner level and collaborate with the Education & Professional Development team to remove the barriers.
• Written and oral presentations to the sales team or to credit union clients as required.
• Represents CCUA at external credit union events or other industry conferences and meetings.
• Listening and interviewing credit union clients to uncover training needs.
• Post-secondary diploma or degree or related experience in a business-related discipline
• Minimum of 2 years’ sales or account management experience in a goal driven environment.
• Executing a sales strategy
• Developing a sales pipeline
• Developing client relationships
• Meeting sales targets
• Credit union and/or FI experience is considered an asset
Qualifications, Certifications or Designations
• Ability to use MSOffice technology, software, and applications.
• Effective judgment in the areas of priority setting, process efficiencies and problem resolution
• Effective listening skills
• Product promotion and marketing skills
• Preferred: Awareness of digital learning delivery methods (eLearning, eClass, on demand)
• Preferred: Knowledge of digital learning platforms (LMS)
• From $63,000 to $80,000 per annum, depending on skills, qualifications and experience
Working Conditions, Physical Requirements, or Other Special Requirements
• Majority of work is performed within a “hybrid” work environment in that the location where the work is being performed during the work week will take place partially at a home office or remotely and partially in a typical office environment
• Minor physical effort requirements such as continuous keyboarding, sitting, standing, walking, etc.
• Moderate audio / visual effort requirements. Repetitive tasks, some switching of concentrated attention between tasks, and limited capability to control the pace of work.
• Travel within the Atlantic region will be required.
How to apply: Interested applicants are asked to please send their resume to: email@example.com
At CCUA, we aim to foster an inclusive culture, where our differences are celebrated and viewed as the strength that drives our collective impact and success. Our goal is to honour and embrace our authentic stories and those of our members. At our core, we respect and appreciate diverse perspectives, and we are committed to the true meaning of cooperative values, rooted in our mission to serve our members and advance our communities.
We are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from qualified candidates. Recruitment related accommodations for organizational positions will be provided upon request.
We thank all applicants in advance; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted directly.