Accounting Clerk – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking an Accounting Clerk to join the Finance team! These permanent positions offer flexibility in workplace location.
Reporting to the Manager, Accounting, you will be responsible for performing a variety of accounting functions including but not limited to preparing a variety of accounting reports and analyses in order to assist management in making prudent financial decisions. The Accounting Clerk adheres to Credit Union policies and procedures as well as legislative requirements.
- Verify, post and balance various business transactions including funds received and disbursed, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Prepare and process general journal entries to various G.L. accounts.
- Prepare and maintain various schedules including Fixed Assets, Prepaid Expenses, Accounts and balances to G.L. control account.
- Perform daily checking of computer reports to verify accuracy of postings.
- Process accounts payable including auditing invoices, resolving any discrepancies, obtaining necessary approvals and preparing accounts payable cheques and ACH files.
- Complete internal accounts and current account reconciliations.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly financial statements, annual capital and operating budgets, and provide assistance to auditors.
- Process wire transfers as per policy and procedures.
- Provide administrative support, assist other members of the Accounting Department and completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- One to three years related experience and/or training in an accounting environment.
- Completed a diploma in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the existing strong team environment.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting, budget and expense management.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer)
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit and reduced rates on some banking products
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until July 21, 2022.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.