Dominion Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $ 33 Million, serving approximately 2000 members from our branch in beautiful Dominion, NS. We pride ourselves on offering professional member service and giving back to our community.
We are currently looking for an Accounting Manager to perform a variety of accounting functions, prepare a variety of financial reports and analysis to assist management in making prudent financial decisions. The position is also responsible for directing internal audits, collaborating on compliance functions and to managing the relationship with and provide direction to the payroll supplier.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Provides leadership, coordination and control to the accounting and financial reporting process at the credit union in support of management and board decision making.
- Completes internal accounts and current account reconsolidations including daily liquidity management and, daily current account reconsolidation.
- Prepares monthly financial statements and stats, risk exposure reports and US current account transfers.
- Coordinates, implements and maintains accounting information systems which track specific operational and financial data.
- Verifies, posts and balances various business transactions including funds received and disbursed, accounts payable and receivable.
- Prepares and processes general journal entries to various G.L. accounts. Balances journal entries to general Ledger and maintains general ledger accounts. Reconciles differences.
- Prepares and maintains various schedules including fixed assets, prepaid expenses, accounts payable and balances to G.L. control account.
- Generates and analyzes monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, reports and schedules to meet all internal and external (regulatory) reporting requirements.
- Completes financial analyses and projections of credit union cash flow, investment strategies, banking relationships, debt management, etc. Conducts cost analysis, ratio and trend analysis, and other comparative examinations as appropriate. Provides recommendations and conclusions as appropriate.
- Manages contract with and provides direction to payroll provider regarding changes and/or updates to employee records or payment information.
- Manages the investment portfolio of certificates and securities.
- Participates in the development and implementation of policies and procedures relating to financial management, banking system management, budget, accounting and payroll.
- Ensures record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles and regulatory requirements and ensures compliance.
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and administrative controls, assists in the preparation of the annual audit working paper, and provides assistance to the external auditors, regulatory auditors, and internal auditors.
- Collaborates on compliance functions with compliance officer.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual capital and operating budgets for the credit union.
- Participates in the development and implementation of objectives, and in short and long range planning for the credit union. Develops and implements projects and programs to assist in the accomplishments of established objectives.
To be successful:
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have completed a diploma or degree in Accounting, plus have three to five years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
You are a leader in your area of expertise and pride yourself on adding value to the teams you collaborate with. Your eye for detail, analysis and accuracy, enables you not only to connect dots but also support decision making with solid facts. You are change resilient have strategies you apply that enable you to effectively work on numerous priorities and pressing deadlines, all while keeping abreast of and applying industry best practices.
Working with Dominion Credit Union:
This is a full-time management position offering a compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications. We are a small but mighty team, who work collaboratively to provide the best financial expertise to our members.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume electronically along with a cover letter outlining clearly your salary expectations as well as how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until May 26, 2021.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.