Administration Officer (1-Year Contract) – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Administration Officer for a 1-Year Contract in our Dartmouth location! This position is well suited for an individual with an administrative background, or a desire to broaden their skill set and gain experience in the admin/support area of our operations. The successful candidate will be required to work in the office due to some required tasks.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Administration, the Administration Officer will contribute to the assessment, verification and administration of the loan, mortgage, line of credit and deposit documentation in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and supporting the administration team as required.
- Perform loan audit and follow up on any outstanding items/documentation. Conduct credit investigations, security inspections and searches as required; ensure loan, line of credit and mortgages are registered and set up on the banking system according to their terms and conditions.
- Process loan and mortgage documentation for disbursement of funds to lawyers and follows up with lawyers. Ensure all title issues are met and that the loan is properly recorded.
- Check daily Account Records, changes to various Account / Service Records reports, and follow required procedures to verify completeness and accuracy of data input. Monitor for potential problems and initiate corrective action as appropriate and follow-up to ensure corrections are made.
- Prepare monthly renewal documentation for line-of-credit, mortgage loans; track renewals and follow-up as required.
- Provide assistance to branch staff by answering questions and investigating problems that escalate from the front line.
- Be responsible for compliance with all regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes to policies and procedures.
- Administer, monitor and maintain the following including preparation of reports and submissions:
- Property tax accounts and property tax payments to the respective tax offices.
- Loan Life and Disability insurance records
- Fire insurance coverage
- Assist and back-up other members of the Administration Department and complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Completed a post-secondary diploma in business administration plus have three to five years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Lending experience is considered an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Software proficiency including but not limited to MS Office, Horizon Banking.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer)
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit and reduced rates on some banking products
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to email@example.com.
Applications will be accepted until July 20, 2022.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.