Administration Officer – East Coast Credit Union
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Administration Officer. This position is well suited for an individual with an administrative background, or a desire to broaden their skill set and gain experience in the admin/support area of our operations. The location of this position can be flexible.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Administration, the Administration Officer will contribute to the assessment, verification and administration of the mortgage, loan, line of credit and deposit documentation in accordance with established policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements and supporting the administration team as required. This role would primarily focus on the operation and day to day administration of our mortgage audits and mortgage process fulfillment.
- Perform mortgage file audits and follow up on any outstanding items/documentation. Conduct credit investigations, security inspections and searches as required; ensure mortgages, loan, and line of credit are registered and set up on the banking system according to their terms and conditions.
- Process loan and mortgage documentation for disbursement of funds to lawyers and follows up with lawyers. Ensure all title issues are met and that the loan is properly recorded.
- Support exceptional member service by completing non-member facing activities and supporting those who directly serve our members.
- Review varies reports and follow required procedures
to verify completeness and accuracy of data input. Monitor for potential problems and initiate corrective action as appropriate and follow-up to ensure corrections are made.
- Prepare monthly renewal documentation for line-of-credit, mortgage loans; track renewals and follow-up as required.
- Provide assistance to branch staff by answering questions and investigating problems that escalate from the front line.
- Be responsible for compliance with all regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures and make recommendations for changes to policies and procedures.
- Administer, monitor and maintain the following including preparation of reports and submissions:
– Property tax accounts and property tax payments to the respective tax offices.
– Loan Life and Disability insurance records
– Fire insurance coverage
– Mortgage Payouts and Pre-payment penalties
- Assist and back-up other members of the Administration Department and complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Completed a post-secondary diploma in business administration plus have three to five years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Lending experience is considered an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Software proficiency including but not limited to MS Office, Horizon Banking.
How to apply…
Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, June 1, 2022.