Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for an Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services.
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We deliver quality results and offer a collaborative and community focused work environment in which to do it. Our employees’ wellbeing is a top priority, and we underscore that with flexible working arrangements, personal days, and even birthdays off, to enable employees’ to strike a balance that works for them. We strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected.
If your values align with ours, consider joining our team as an Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services.
A TYPICAL DAY:
Working as part of the Commercial and Lending Services team, the Administrator II contributes to the growth and maintenance of the commercial loan portfolio by providing specialized commercial loan administration, high quality customer service, and project support. Key aspects of the role will include coordinating and preparing releases of security, payout requests, administering property tax payments, posting and balancing ACLSM loan transactions. The Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services also promotes and cross-sells existing and potential clients on the benefits of using other AC and LSM and/or credit union products and services.
- Verifies, posts and balances all LSM and AC business loan transactions including payouts, advances, disbursements, payments, taxes, renewals, opening accounts, Automated Funds Transfer (AFT) records.
- Prepares and balances journal sheets and liaises with other departments to resolve any reconciliation issues. Checks posting completed by teammates to ensure completeness and accuracy of data input.
- Administers, monitors and maintains property tax database. Remits property tax payments to respective tax authorities by due dates, corresponds with clients regarding changes to payments, shortages, etc
- Prepares documentation for releases of security.. Researches requests for past releases and partial releases, and prepares appropriate documents.. Performs searches and discharges of PPSA registrations.
- Prepares payout statements and verifies funds once received.. Liaises with clients and solicitors and refers new business opportunities to Underwriters.
- Reviews fire insurance policies received to ensure accuracy, and ensures current policies are on file as required.. Initiates contact with clients for cancelled fire insurance and conducts follow-up as required.
- Provides administrative support including, but not limited to, primary contact for Member direct, preparing cheques and electronic payments, preparing correspondence, amortization schedules, bank confirmations; responding to customer inquiries; maintenance of the lending services filing system; obtaining credit bureau reports, PPSA registrations, land assessments, joint stocks; and general office administration.
- Serves as a primary back-up of the other Administrator II, Commercial and Lending Services, participates in cross training, and assists to back up other administration functions as required.
- Participates in achieving the departmental objectives. Develops and maintains a procedures guide for the incumbent’s position.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a certificate in Business Administration plus have one to three years’ relevant experience in a financial institution, preferably in commercial lending; or have an equivalent combination of training and experience.
You value working in a team that provides high quality customer service and you demonstrate competency in effectively interacting with clients, management and staff. You are an excellent communicator, you work well under pressure, and have a knack for performing multiple tasks with conflicting priorities. Knowledge of commercial and/or residential lending processes and general accounting principles would be considered an asset. You are proficient with Microsoft Office products, with an emphasis in Excel.
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-4 ($48,453 – $57,004). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
This position will be based in our Halifax, NS office, but offers the ability to work remotely as required
TRAVEL, EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
Applications will close on March 15, 2023.
If this sounds like a fit for you, submit your application by clicking here.
About Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is the regional trade association for more than 40 independent member credit unions across Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of financial services, leadership, and advocacy to support credit unions and the communities we serve to grow well. Our credit unions proudly serve nearly 293,000 members and play a significant role in the Atlantic Canadian economy.
We are proud to be a Certified B CorporationTM joining a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to making business decisions that are in the best interests of our employees, credit unions and their members.
Curious about what else we do? Check out our website or LinkedIn page.