Administrator, Retail Mortgages and Deposits
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for an Administrator, Retail Mortgages and Deposits.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. League Savings, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of Administrator, Retail Mortgages and Deposits, you will be responsible for performing a variety of administration and relationship building duties to support the Retail Mortgage and Deposit teams.
- Receiving member requests and providing information. Analyzing and identifying any problems or errors and implementing corrective measures including GICs, Registered Retirement Savings Plan (RRSPs), Registered Retirement Income Funds (RRIFs), Tax Free Savings Accounts (TFSAs) and Index-Linked products and GIC.
- Preparing and/or verifying investment documentation for new investments, renewals, redemptions, conversions, and transfers including Guaranteed Income Certificates (GICs) and registered contracts.
- Preparing, posting and balancing various deposit transactions and daily receivables. Preparing and processing daily money transfers.
- Reviewing the investment maintenance/error and Automatic Interest Payment (AIP) reports for errors, investigating errors, identifying a resolution, and initiating corrective action.
- Serving as a liaison to ensure service standards and member expectations are met.
- Identifying gaps in Credit Union mortgage referrals. Contacting credit union lenders to determine why referral business has decreased and identifying ways to bridge any gaps and build business.
- Presenting mortgage information sessions to credit unions and mortgage brokers.
- Reviewing mortgage payouts, renewals, advances, collections, and service level standard reports. Reviewing reports for accuracy ensuring service level agreement standards are met and policies are being followed. Apprising of any changes in trends and resolving discrepancies.
- Monitoring internal traffic report for direct mortgage applications.
- Preparing monthly credit union Mortgage Origination Program (MOP) report.
- Distributing monthly third-party authorization passcode and maintaining an up-to-date distribution list.
- Monitoring and distributing mail.
- Acting as primary back-up to the Credit Analyst and Servicing Representative and the Administrator Retail Mortgages as required; and also assisting and backing up other members of department as required.
- Developing and maintaining procedures for the incumbent’s job.
This position will be based in our Halifax office.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work and may require occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a 1-2 year post secondary business program plus have 1-3 years relevant experience in a financial institution; or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You have a working knowledge of investment and mortgage products and services; and electronic banking systems. You can perform basic mathematical calculations; have proven problem-solving skills and a basic understanding of residential mortgage lending process and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products. You have strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work, at times with conflicting priorities.
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-3 ($39,746 – $46,760). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on June 9, 2021.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.