Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Specialist
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Specialist.
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We deliver quality results and offer a collaborative and community focused work environment in which to do it. Our employees’ wellbeing is a top priority, and we underscore that with flexible working arrangements, personal days, and even birthdays off, to enable employees’ to strike a balance that works for them. We strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected.
If your values align with ours, consider joining our team as an AML Compliance Specialist.
A TYPICAL DAY:
Working as part of a team of a diverse team, the AML Compliance Specialist in our Atlantic Service Centre (ASC) for Risk Management & Compliance, serves as the subject matter expert in Canada’s anti-money laundering legislation and is responsible for Verafin alert processing and case management, AML regulatory reporting, and for supporting customer organizations on all AML-related matters and activities. The AML Compliance Specialist will be the subject matter expert for non-Anti Money Laundering compliance (i.e. Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and provides compliance monitoring, direction, advice, and support to customers.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on requirements pertaining to AML legislation – Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and on non-AML regulatory compliance – CASL, FACTA, PIPEDA, CRS and remediation.
- Performs AML business-based risk assessments.
- Performs AML relationship-based risk assessments and makes risk mitigation recommendations.
- Conducts enhanced due diligence, seeks customer organization input and completes thorough case documentation. Meets with customer organizations to review cases and risk assessments and provides risk mitigation recommendations.
- Tracks and manages compliance and control issues and supports customer organizations with effective remediation planning.
- Ensures proper documentation of violations of regulatory requirements.
- Performs analysis of account and transactional information and identifies new or pending Verafin settings that require changes. Updates Verafin settings.
- Provides compliance guidance and support in response to inquiries/requests.
- Prepares non-AML regulatory reports and filings for approval and submission.
- Extracts data and information for use in the preparation and generation of credit union reporting. Prepares various SLA related, trend analysis reports and status of regulatory reports. Evaluates data for errors and anomalies and ensures data integrity across reporting platforms.
- Stays current on compliance and AML and Verafin related changes and developments in the financial services industry and assesses the potential impacts of these changes on compliance and AML-related services.
- Establishes standardized control activities. Conducts compliance issue trend analysis. Evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions or mitigation strategies. Reports findings to customer organizations.
- Identifies and make changes to the AML and compliance knowledge repository assets and the Regulatory Compliance Management framework (policies, processes, procedures, and controls) in accordance with regulatory/compliance landscape developments.
- Supports the development of training content; and delivers training for relevant topics related to the overall AML and compliance function.
- Supports the annual review of internal controls, policies and procedures.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
As the ideal candidate you will have Verafin user experience and have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Finance, plus have 3-5 years relevant AML compliance experience within a financial institution, preferably a credit union; or have an equivalent combination of experience and education. A Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or Canadian Anti-Money Laundering Institute (CAMLI) certification will be considered an asset.
You have in depth knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering Terrorist Financing Act and FINTRAC Guidelines, sound knowledge of the financial regulatory environment and requirements related to PIPEDA, FACTA, CASL, and CRS, analytical capability to solve complex problems, and influencing and consultation skills. You have strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; and can manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities. You demonstrate competency in working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and interact with all levels of management and staff.
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($60,644 – $71,346). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
This position will be based in our Halifax, NS office, but offers the ability to work remotely as required and provides services to Atlantic Canada.
TRAVEL, EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
Applications will close on March 9, 2023.
If this sounds like a fit for you, submit your application by clicking here.
About Atlantic Central
Atlantic Central is the regional trade association for more than 40 independent member credit unions across Atlantic Canada. We provide a range of financial services, leadership, and advocacy to support credit unions and the communities we serve to grow well. Our credit unions proudly serve nearly 293,000 members and play a significant role in the Atlantic Canadian economy.
We are proud to be a Certified B CorporationTM joining a global movement of people using business as a force for good. We are committed to making business decisions that are in the best interests of our employees, credit unions and their members.