Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Specialist
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for an Anti-Money Laundering (AML) Compliance Specialist.
WHO WE ARE:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We work together to build and maintain partnerships, and offer timely, results-oriented solutions to our customer credit unions enabling the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We are committed to balancing health and wellbeing with efficient service delivery and strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported, and connected.
If your values align with ours, we want YOU to join our team!
A TYPICAL DAY:
Working as part of a team, the AML Compliance Specialist in our Atlantic Service Centre (ASC) for Risk Management & Compliance, serves serve as the subject matter expert in Canada’s anti-money laundering legislation and is responsible for Verafin alert processing and case management, AML regulatory reporting, and for supporting customer organizations on all AML-related matters and activities. You will also be the subject matter expert for non-Anti Money Laundering compliance (i.e. Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL), Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA), Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA), Common Reporting Standard (CRS), and provides compliance monitoring, direction, advice, and support to customer organizations.
- Serves as the subject matter expert on requirements pertaining to AML legislation – Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA) and on non-AML regulatory compliance – CASL, FACTA, PIPEDA, CRS and remediation.
- Performs AML business-based risk assessments.
- Performs AML relationship-based risk assessments and makes risk mitigation recommendations.
- Conducts enhanced due diligence, seeks customer organization input and completes thorough case documentation. Meets with customer organizations to review cases and risk assessments and provides risk mitigation recommendations.
- Tracks and manages compliance and control issues and supports customer organizations with effective remediation planning.
- Ensures proper documentation of violations of regulatory requirements.
- Performs analysis of account and transactional information and identifies new or pending Verafin settings that require changes. Updates Verafin settings.
- Provides compliance guidance and support in response to inquiries/requests.
- Prepares non-AML regulatory reports and filings for approval and submission.
- Extracts data and information for use in the preparation and generation of credit union reporting. Prepares various SLA related, trend analysis reports and status of regulatory reports. Evaluates data for errors and anomalies and ensures data integrity across reporting platforms.
- Stays current on compliance and AML and Verafin related changes and developments in the financial services industry and assesses the potential impacts of these changes on compliance and AML-related services.
- Establishes standardized control activities. Conducts compliance issue trend analysis. Evaluates effectiveness of corrective actions or mitigation strategies. Reports findings to customer organizations.
- Identifies and make changes to the AML and compliance knowledge repository assets and the Regulatory Compliance Management framework (policies, processes, procedures, and controls) in accordance with regulatory/compliance landscape developments.
- Supports the development of training content; and delivers training for relevant topics related to the overall AML and compliance function.
- Supports the annual review of internal controls, policies and procedures.
As the ideal candidate you will have Verafin user experience and have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Finance, plus have 3-5 years relevant AML compliance experience within a financial institution, preferably a credit union; or have an equivalent combination of experience and education. A Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) designation or Canadian Anti-Money Laundering Institute (CAMLI) certification will be considered an asset.
You have in depth knowledge of Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering Terrorist Financing Act and FINTRAC Guidelines, sound knowledge of the financial regulatory environment and requirements related to PIPEDA, FACTA, CASL, and CRS, analytical capability to solve complex problems, and influencing and consultation skills. You have strong oral and written communication skills including presentation skills, strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask; and can manage multiple deadlines and competing priorities. You demonstrate competency in working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and interact with all levels of management and staff.
The position offers the ability to work remotely and services Atlantic Canada.
TRAVEL AND EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional travel throughout Atlantic Canada and occasional evening and weekend work.
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($60,644 – $71,346). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Please click this link
Applications will close on October 18, 2022
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central provides a range of services, leadership, and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 42 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $12 billion in mortgages, loans, and deposits on behalf of 294,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. LSM, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.