Assistant Manager – Antigonish, NS
East Coast Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Manager to join our team! This permanent position is located in our Antigonish Branch. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Manager is responsible for managing the front-line team and ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures. The incumbent will lead and support direct reports through performance management to assist the Branch Manager in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development, member retention, and satisfaction.
- Coordinate & manage the activities of the front-line staff in the delivery of optimal member service through ongoing coaching; team meetings; training and monitoring performance objectives.
- Oversee and monitor attendance; develop schedules and ensure a complement of front-line staff are always available to provide an optimal level of service to members.
- Ensure all counter transactions (cash, cheques, other forms of funds) and ATM/CDU/RCU machines are balanced, reconciled, encoded, and appropriate clearing deposits are made to Atlantic Central. Assist with complex transactions and member issues. Oversee Daily Transactions reports are checked for accuracy.
- Ensure the implementation and monitoring of Credit Union’s security & operational controls.
- Oversee risk management practices to include management of front-line staff difference losses and front-line staff errors. Assist front line staff in locating and reconciling posting errors on member accounts and verify accuracy of transactions.
- Resolve complex problems and member complaints referred by front line staff and, as required, escalate to the Branch Manager or appropriate department for resolution, where appropriate.
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Open new accounts as necessary, analyze potential opportunities while increasing the credit union’s lending/deposit portfolio and use of products. Provide financial advice to borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Supervise the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager.
- Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business or Commerce
- A minimum of five years relevant experience, including 2 to 3 years supervisory experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- A strong leader with the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Knowledgeable in products and services as well as policies and regulatory environment.
- Confident with decision-making and facilitation skills.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Please send your Cover Letter and Resume to email@example.com with the title of the position in the Subject line.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Careers – About Us | East Coast Credit Union (eastcoastcu.ca)