Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Credit Solutions, the Assistant Manager, Credit Solutions is responsible for managing the Credit Solutions Officers. The incumbent will lead and support direct reports and assist the Manager, Credit Solutions with credit recovery support services for commercial and retail (personal) loan portfolio functions. The incumbent performs external contact solution-oriented collection functions; provides direction and assistance to branch staff and other internal departments while ensuring the delivery of exceptional member service.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of the Credit Solutions Officers in the delivery of optimal member service, in accordance with the Collective Agreement when applicable. Responsibilities include but not limited to participating in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; monitoring performance objectives; overseeing and monitoring attendance; planning, assigning and directing work; providing on-going weekly coaching to reinforce positive behaviours; conducting annual performance reviews and bringing any performance-related issues to the Manager, Credit Solutions. Recommend various personnel actions including but not limited to, hiring, rewarding, promoting, reassigning or discipline, and discharge where appropriate.
- Provide support and direction to the Credit Solutions Officers and lead regular team meetings. Monitor corporate communication and ensure direct reports are well informed of changes to policies and procedures, company direction and important developments.
- Liaise with Business Services Account Managers to deliver optimal member solutions, in accordance with the Delinquency Policy and Procedure. Follow up to ensure timely member solutions are implemented.
- Assist in preparation, submission and monitoring of all reporting requirements for Credit Solutions. Monitor delinquent data sets. Gather and prepare reports for compliance with Credit Committee, CUDIC, external audit and monitor compliance standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures. Assist in presenting quarterly Credit Committee reports.
- Monitor assignments of Credit Solutions activities and initiate actions to mitigate and minimize delinquency issues.
- Provide credit solutions guidance to internal departments and branch staff by answering questions, investigating issues, and providing satisfactory solutions. Escalate files to Manager, Credit Solutions when appropriate.
- Gather and interpret internal member portfolio data and present findings of trends, search for gaps in current lending practices to aid in the ongoing design and functionality of Loan Loss Modelling and Loan Loss budgeting. Conduct external data analysis and monitor monthly trends and changes within the lending portfolios, and for wider macro-economic trends within the wider industry and region to assess portfolio health. Incorporate findings within integrated East Coast Credit Union’s Loan Loss Model to reflect accurate Quarterly Loss Allowance requirements.
- Recommend revisions and assist with creation of policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Manager, Credit Solutions direct, coordinate and implement policies, procedures and new processes and technological enhancements as required.
- Collaborate with lending teams to educate and support corrective action related to account restructuring & mitigation prior to credit facilities becoming delinquent.
- Volunteer and support community initiatives and projects. Represent the Credit Union at events and other Credit Union system conferences and meetings.
- Complete other projects and duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business or related field.
- A minimum of five years related experience including a minimum of two years in a supervisory role, or an equivalent combination of training and
- Strong lending and collection experience.
- The ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until October 6, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124