Assistant Manager, Financial Services (Antigonish, NS)
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Assistant Manager, Financial Services to join our team in our Antigonish branch! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, you will be responsible for assisting the Financial Services Officers and ensuring that work is performed in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Lead and support direct reports through performance management, coaching, and assisting with reviewing, approving, and underwriting lending, investments, account opening and estate products.
- Coordinate and manage the activities of direct reports in the delivery of optimal member service, in accordance with the Collective Agreement when applicable. Responsibilities include but not limited to participating in the development of a sales and service culture by training employees; monitoring performance objectives; planning, assigning, and directing work; providing on-going weekly coaching to reinforce positive behaviours; conducting annual performance reviews and bringing any performance-related issues to the Branch Manager.
- Provide guidance, training, and support to ensure the delivery of a meaningful and exceptional member experience. This includes but not limited to addressing member and staff concerns and operational questions, receiving escalated member concerns.
- Underwrite, review, and adjudicate applications; analyze applications to determine accuracy, completion, and feasibility of granting loans. Assist Financial Service Officers in proper preparation of documentation and ensures loan documentation is complete before sending for signature. Escalates to Branch Manager or Credit department when necessary.
- Provides ongoing coaching; mentors Financial Service Officers to identify new products and services to support member financial goals.
- Ensures direct reports follow the Credit Union’s security and risk management procedures.
- Leads and supports outreach strategies to grow current and prospective memberships into full-service accounts.
- Supervises the branch in the absence of the Branch Manager or Assistant Manager as required.
- Supports community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed a degree or diploma in Business or Commerce plus have a minimum of five years of lending experience including a minimum of two years supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Strong lending background with demonstrated high accountability, solid judgement and decision making.
- The incumbent must currently have Consumer and Residential Mortgage Lender Accreditation Designation or be willing to complete designation withing the next two years.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until March 14, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.