Branch Administration Officer
Teachers Plus Credit Union is accepting applications for a Branch Administration Officer. This position is ideal for an individual who is detailed oriented and has a good understanding of credit union administrative practices.
Teachers Plus Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, serving approximately 2800 members. We are committed to our community and offer a workplace that strives to live its values everyday.
Reporting to the Manager, Operations the Branch Administration Officer is responsible for providing administrative support to maintain effective branch operations and acts as an informal work leader coordinating and supervising the Financial Service Representatives to ensure that the delivery of member service aligns with organizational goals and objectives. The role is also responsible for the delivery of Estate and Organization Account services.
This role provides back up and relief to the Financial Service Representatives and the Financial Services Administrator as required.
To perform the role, the successful candidate:
- Determines cash needs of the branch.
- Reconciles current and internal accounts
- Resolves accounting issues and discrepancies.
- Audits the Accounting Officer’s daily reports
- Collaborates with the Accounting Officer on the administration of the deferred salary program and payroll deductions ensuring they are balanced, and that contributions and payouts are correct. Work together to trouble shoot and/or escalate issues to the Manager, Operations.
- Answers the telephone, checks reports and other general office administration.
- Monitors and maintain inactive accounts
- Completes safety deposit box annual renewals and follows up on non payment
- Act as a resource to answer difficult questions and to solve complex problems for members and staff. Follows up on details to resolve the matter to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Provide input into the development of the credit union’s strategic plan and annual business plan. Implement and monitor the annual business plan ensuring that staff efforts are focused on achieving goals and are aligned with the credit union’s strategic objectives. Present Pre-Retirement and Budgeting seminars whenever necessary.
- Complete reports and other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates and supervises the activities of the front-line staff, including; assigning, and directing work, answering work related questions, providing support in the reinforcement of training activities, resolving problems, monitoring workload to provide optimal service in the most cost-effective manner, and providing ongoing coaching to reinforce positive behaviors.
- Supports FSRs in the resolution of and/or responds to escalated inquiries regarding a variety of branch and or member service issues such as; the operation of accounts, access to services, account discrepancies, adding or reducing service features, member problems and complaints.
- Collaborates with the Manager, Operations in the provision of performance feedback and the identification of staff developmental needs.
- Prepares and completes Estate Account paperwork. Guides Executor through the process, opens accounts, processes transfers/withdrawals.
- Updates organization accounts as signing officers change, collects and completes paperwork.
- Processes wire transfers and AFTs.
- Takes action to reconcile discrepancies in records and accounts within assigned limits.
- Proactively cross sells on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services by answering inquiries; actively informing current and prospective members on the credit union products and services.
The Branch Administration Officer will have successfully completed a business diploma and have three to five years related experience in a financial institution and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An outstanding working environment that focuses on the well-being of our staff and members
- A strong belief in continuing education for self-fulfillment and to improve how we do our jobs
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Participation in a generous defined benefit pension plan
- Additional staff benefits which includes waived banking service fees and reduced staff interest rates on loans and mortgages.
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be bondable.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Dale Roode at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until April 21st, 2023.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.