Branch Audit Clerk
Valley Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 70 employees, and over $200M in assets. Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union is seeking a Branch Audit Clerk to join the team. This is a full-time role working Monday-Friday 8:30-4:30 based from Head Office, located in Cambridge NS.
Position Summary: Reporting to the Manager, Credit Risk the Branch Auditor is responsible for loan documentation audit function and the new account opening audit for all 7 branches of the credit union.
Key Result Areas: Branch Relations to support Member Needs; Lending Policy and Account Documentation Audit Administration Support; Department / Work Unit / Credit Union Support.
- Checks daily loan reports to verify completeness and accuracy of data input. Monitors for potential problems and initiates corrective action as appropriate and follows-up to ensure corrections are made.
- Index items scanned into Square 9 record keeping system.
- Audits incoming Line of Credit, loans and mortgage (new and renewals), loan extensions, loan amendments, re-scheduling agreements and change forms to verify completeness and accuracy of the documentation and ensure it matches to Horizon. Ensure all necessary signatures are on the documents.
- Communicates with management to address deficient documentation practices. Makes recommendations to improve processes and implements approved recommendations. Formalized monthly with the preparation of the missing documents list.
- Responsible for the account opening audit process for all branches (assisted by Loan Administration Support Clerk).
- Acts as a resource to the staff in retrieving applications, copies of approvals, files, etc for Head Office and branch lending employees. Also answers inquiries from lenders.
- Completes all lending filing. Refers paid out loan files to the Loan Administration Support Clerk for CDI and CLI rebate processing.
- Prepares quarterly reports to high ratio mortgage insurers.
- Monitors the credit union’s procedures and results and initiates and/or recommends improvements to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Adhere strictly to Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AMLTF) compliance.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
- Back up support provided to the Branch Administration Support Clerk.
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Nicole Trentelman, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-BAC-N2021
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: March 2nd, 2021.