Branch Manager II – Provincial Credit Union
Branch Location: Wellington, PE
Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,000 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You put people first and care about your team, members, and community. You lead by example and pride yourself in delivering quality financial products and services through educational conversations focusing on a needs-based approach, to current and prospective members.
What You’ll Do:
- Plan and direct branch activities, coordinating with other key departmental staff to organize workflow and environment effectively and efficiently.
- Manage all branch functions that would pertain to a digital branch including but not limited to the following (i.e. Service Activities, Sales Activities Member First, Marketing initiatives, staffing, lending activities, investment activities, financial planning, subordinate training requirements, risk management, operations, regulatory fulfillments, etc.).
- Support all organizational goals and is responsible for the implementation of strategy.
- Support the team on having great member conversations and creating memorable member experiences while ensuring branch operations effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Responsible for the direct/indirect supervision and coaching of the branch staff to maximize employee capability and engagement.
- Proactively analyze potential opportunities involved in each situation to recommend solutions for all borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services, as well as, increasing the credit union’s lending/deposit portfolio.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma with at least seven years financial institution experience.
- Proven leadership experience with the ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment.
- Bilingual in French and English
Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional people management skills and possess a team building leadership style that is effective at motivating a team of financial sales and service professionals.
- Strong sales management skills in setting and monitoring sales and service activities, plans and pipelines.
- Be adaptable and organized multi-tasker.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with diverse stakeholders and external vendors
- Proven diplomacy and capability in handling sensitive situations
- Strong decision making, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to coach, delegate and foster a team environment
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access), data systems, software applications and technology.
- Ensuring Members having the appropriate products that suit their needs
- Demonstrated knowledge of lending, investment, and partner relationships – ideally supported by a Mutual Fund License
- Ability to see the bigger picture when providing solutions to your team and Members.
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $76,385.00 – $89,864.70 plus bilingual premium.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter to:
no later than June 10, 2022.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.