Community Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution with assets of $93 Million, serving approximately 4500 members from 3 branches in Marystown, Witless Bay and Hermitage, NL.
We are currently looking for a Branch Manager, at our Witless Bay Branch to provide effective leadership to champion the staff in the delivery of branch growth, profitability, business development and retention, and customer-owner satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Manages the overall branch function including both deposit and loan portfolios. Coordinates and directs the activities of deposit and lending functions, in accordance with established policies and procedures, including consumer and commercial credit, residential and commercial mortgages, asset quality, investment products and financial planning.
- Maintains awareness of changes in the deposits and credit granting fields, including government regulation, technological advancements, consumer needs and preferences, and product offerings and services by other financial institutions.
- Maintains a high level of business retention through the monitoring of customer-owner activity and ensuring staff are aware of activities and pro-actively asking customer-owners for their business.
- Develops, recommends, and implements the annual capital and operating budgets for the branch. Monitors performance results and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Reviews loan applications and assesses credit risk for all applications recommended for turndown by the Financial Services Officers or that exceed their approval limits. Approves loans and mortgages within the approval limits set for this position or recommends approval or decline of all loans over approved lending limits to the Manager, Lending or credit committee.
- Oversees delinquency control and branch collections activities.
- Manages directly or indirectly the branch staff. Coordinates and supervises the activities of direct reports. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; coordinating and monitoring staffing and workload to provide optimal service in the most cost effective manner; providing ongoing coaching to reinforce positive behaviours and address performance issues as they arise; conducting performance reviews; addressing complaints and resolving problems; rewarding; promoting; re-assigning; discipline and discharge.
- Ensures branch compliance with audit and security standards, policies and procedures, and loss prevention measures.
To be successful:
The ideal candidate will have successfully completed a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business or Commerce plus have 5 years relevant experience, including 2-3 years supervisory experience, in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
Working with Community Credit Union:
This position is located in Witless Bay, NL. Reporting to the General Manager, the Branch Manager is responsible for managing, directing, and coordinating the operations and business development and retention efforts of the credit union in delivering quality financial products and services to current and prospective customer-owners. Salary is negotiable based on experience; benefits package and RRSP matching available.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Crystal Stapleton firstname.lastname@example.org
The position will be open until it is filled.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.