Business Intelligence Analyst
Business Intelligence Analyst
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Vice President, Finance & Corporate Services, the Business Intelligence Analyst is responsible for researching, developing, and improving the Credit Union’s business processes, operations, and strategies. The Business Intelligence Analyst will work closely with all departments to identify opportunities for improved data collection and reporting. The incumbent will analyse data and provide insights and business intelligence to assist with corporate decisions and strategic initiatives.
- Work with business leaders and cross functional groups throughout the organization to identify opportunities to leverage company data to drive business solutions.
- Create and maintain new and existing queries, reports, dashboards to enhance the data reporting capability, efficiency and effectiveness. Use various visualization tools when required.
- Maintain a holistic view of the business with focus on high-level strategic priorities and business opportunities and analyse data to provide new insights to support strategy development, corporate initiatives and projects.
- Provide support to the accounting, financial reporting, and board reporting functions of the Credit Union
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and system partners to understand and utilize internal and external data sources. Seek opportunities to continuously improve the reporting and business intelligence capabilities of the Credit Union.
- Provide ad hoc reports and data extracts to various departments as requested. Prepare reports and presentations outlining business analysis findings and recommendations.
- Perform data stewardship duties including, but not limited to, identifying issues in reports, databases, and external data sources.
- Deploy and manage analytical models to monitor performance and maintain accuracy of results.
- Stay current on industry trends and developments and proactively suggest new opportunities.
- Successfully completed a bachelor’s degree in business, Finance, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, or related field plus have a minimum of three years of experience in a similar role, preferably in the financial industry; or an equivalent combination of training and related work experience.
- Hands on experience in data analytics tools and languages like SQL, Python, Alteryx.
- Prior experience working with multiple both in-prem and cloud-based data sources, relational databases.
- Business acumen, critical thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills. High proficiency in creating meaningful data visualizations using Tableau, and PowerBI.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to present information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Knowledge or experience of banking and credit union operations is considered an asset.
- Able to work independently.
- Comfortable interpreting large data sets and translating data into actionable insights.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and data systems and reports.
- Familiar with search engines, business research tools and web analytics, including CRM programs.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: June 9th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Careers – About Us | East Coast Credit Union (eastcoastcu.ca)
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124