Business Services Account Manager – Full-time – Charlottetown and Montague, PE
Who We Are:
We are a full-service financial institution and serve approximately 14,500 members from various communities in and around the Charlottetown area and the north shore including: Charlottetown, West Royalty, Stratford, Sherwood, Scotchfort, Rocky Point, Brackley, Hillsborough Park, East Royalty, Cornwall, Winsloe, North River, Crossroads, Elliot River, Fort Augustus, Pownal, as well as North Rustico, Cavendish, and Montague.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are excited about the opportunity to engage with our members and deliver a memorable member experience when assisting them with their business banking needs. You are an organized, multi-tasker that enjoys a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about helping your community, interested in being part of a remarkable team, and want to help grow prosperity in Prince Edward Island.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as the principal account and relationship manager for new and existing clients.
- Monitors and controls commercial portfolio as it pertains to annual reviews including financial statement analysis, risk assessment, debt restructure.
- Maintains a member visitation schedule in order to enhance relationships and gather information.
- Assesses new requests from existing clients and new applicants, authorizing within established limits and recommending for approval where appropriate.
- Collection and follow-up for delinquent loans and excess LOC facilities.
- Undertakes or recommends appropriate collection activity including legal action, security realization.
- Develops and enhances operational and procedural methods within the Commercial portfolio.
- Proactively analyzes potential opportunities involved in each situation to cross-sell owners/members on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services, as well as, increasing the credit union’s lending/deposit portfolio.
- Development of new business opportunities for the Credit Union
- Conducts periodic reviews of irregular overdrafts and LOC’s for activity and irregularities.
- Completes other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- College diploma or University degree plus have a minimum of three years’ experience in direct business lending.
Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to proactively listen, identify sales opportunities, solve problems are sales oriented with a member service mindset.
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with the proven ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills. In-depth understanding of financial products, trends and service offerings.
- Proven organizational, planning and multi-tasking skills.
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven ability to interpret financial data.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Thorough knowledge of risk management practices; internal auditing and regulatory compliance.
- Proven ability to prepare and present written/oral reports.
- Proficiency in the use of technology.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter to Linda McGibbon, Director, Human Resources at email@example.com. Applications will close August 6, 2021.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.