Business Services Administrator – Malpeque Bay Branch
Who We Are:
We are the largest Credit Union in Atlantic Canada with $1.2 billion in assets and serving approximately 35,076 members in 10 branch locations across PEI.
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
Who You Are:
You are excited about the opportunity to engage with our members and deliver a memorable member experience when assisting them with their business banking needs. You are an organized, multi-tasker that enjoys a fast-paced environment. You are passionate about helping your community, interested in being part of a remarkable team, and want to help grow prosperity in Prince Edward Island.
What You’ll Do:
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the Credit Union and provide services to its business owners/members.
- Processing and posting of all loan entries for commercial loan payments, new loan advances, loan payouts, LOC increases, interest rate changes, AFT returns on loans, etc.
- Load new commercial loans on the Horizon banking system from source documents including business loan applications.
- Assist and complete loan reviews, renewals, and new and revised term letters for business loans.
- Prepare Credit Agreements.
- Prepare all loan security documentation including: promissory notes, line of credit agreements, General Security Agreements, Letters of Credit, etc.
- Active in the promotion of business credit card products to members and complete business card applications as required.
- Receive, process, record and file monthly margin information from businesses; follow up on information not received, initiate first member contact.
- Open business accounts and collect required documentation including verify signing officers and preparing necessary documents for any ongoing changes to signing officers.
- Document applicable member contacts in Know Your Member (KYM).
- Draft communications to members, clients, lawyers and partners for review and approval by Account Manager.
- Sign off on security documents at annual review.
- Brings forward ideas and solutions that will improve the administration function within the Credit Union.
What You Have:
Required Education and Experience
- High School diploma with at least two years financial institution experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to proactively listen and identify sales opportunities.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in establishing and maintaining working relationships, solve problems, and be able to deliver a high level of accuracy, focus and timeliness.
- The desire and ability to find success through teamwork and co-operation.
- Proven organizational, planning, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to present, sell and service Credit Union products as well as demonstrate a professional manner and poise, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and materials.
- Ability to work independently with confidence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Vacation starting at 3 weeks per year plus 4 personal days.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $49,942.68 – $58,756.10
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than May 15th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.