Business Services Specialist, East Coast Credit Union
Flexible location within Nova Scotia
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Business Services Specialist to join our team! This position will support our Business Services department and be based within Nova Scotia. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Director, Business Services you will be responsible for improving the financial well-being of business members and improving the member experience through provision of holistic advice and business solutions. Through collaboration with the Business Services team and branch staff, the Business Services Specialist identifies and delivers cash management solutions for new small business members and meets the needs of existing members.
• Provide exceptional member service by proactively engaging and following up with borrowing and nonborrowing small business members; follows the Credit Union’s Experience Map while adhering to the company’s policies, procedures, and service standards.
• Provide support and training to the Business Services Team, and the retail branch staff, in the sale and fulfilment of all cash management solutions in a timely and professional manner.
• Conduct detailed analysis and evaluation and recommend cash management solutions and digital offerings to business members; prepare and deliver on-site and off-site presentations; provide virtual or in-person training and ongoing technical support regarding members’ cash management services.
• Respond to member inquiries regarding, but not limited to, research, system capabilities, password resets, online banking, Payment stream limit increases, wire payment processing, and other banking features that would support members’ business and financial transactions.
• Proactively identify and respond to members’ needs such as account opening, changing signing authorities, updating contact information, email addresses, etc.
• Complete custom pricing packages and monitor/review each account annually.
• Proactively engaging nonborrowing business members to identify opportunities to refer to appropriate departments or other system partners.
• Manage and develop vendor relationships (such as merchant, payroll); complete Requests for Proposals and Expressions of Interest and recommends third party partners and vendors to the Director, Business Services.
• Utilize independent judgment in resolving issues; escalates any issues or concerns to management as necessary.
• Proactively plan and prepare weekly contact strategy; track weekly status and volume reports and provide progress updates to management.
• Conduct research and makes recommendations to senior leadership regarding various member impact and retention strategies such as service charge package pricing and features, streamlining Payment stream support, data clean up, Strong PAC testing, creation of new products such as Funeral Trust Accounts, etc.
• Act in a consultative capacity internally and externally and acts as subject matter expert in all cash management services offerings.
• Ensure all documentation in relation to Cash Management services are completed in an accurate and timely manner in accordance and compliance with all policies, procedures, and legislative requirements as appropriate.
• Stay up to date with trends, practices, and competitive landscape in the area of cash management among financial institutions.
• Support community initiatives through volunteering and attending events and activities on behalf of the Credit Union.
• Maintain the confidentiality of members at all times.
• Completes other duties as assigned.
• Completed a certificate or diploma in Business or Commerce.
• A minimum of three years of experience in business/commercial banking in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Knowledge of cash management products and services.
• Strong negotiation, interpersonal and communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to establish trust and identify opportunities to expand and deepen member relationships.
• Experience drafting RFPs and preparing reports.
• Able to work independently with confidence while prioritizing and planning workload to meet deadlines.
• Equipped with strong presentation skills and the ability to engage with others authentically.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office and using various technologies and digital platforms.
• Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
• Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
• Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
• Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
• Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: May 24, 2023
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Visit our careers-about us section on eastcoastcu.ca
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at email@example.com or by phone at 902.464.7124