Chief Operating Officer
Are you an experienced Leader looking to make an impact within your organization?
Does People before Profit resonate with you? If so, we may have the position for you!
We are looking for a dynamic Leader to join our team as Chief Operating Officer.
As a Certified B Corp® OMISTA Credit Union exists to provide a better way to bank. OMISTA provides complete banking products and services delivered with honesty, fairness, and trust. We are committed to providing solutions to enhance the financial wellbeing of our personal banking and small-to-medium-size business banking customers. When you “Bank Local” with OMISTA, all money and profits stay in NB creating greater prosperity for our shared economy and communities.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) will play a key role in shaping the future of OMISTA Credit Union as a leader in digital banking. This role will be responsible for overseeing and the development and growth of OMISTA’s operations, ensuring that the Credit Union meets and exceeds its member experience benchmarks, while adding value to the communities in which we operate. The COO has a responsibility as a senior member of the OMISTA Leadership Team to be a Leader in Change, a Leader in Character, and a Leader in Fairness, Trust and Inclusion.
- Working with the Executive Team to develop and implement strategies to move the organization towards its vision.
- Oversee the Commercial operations of the Credit Union ensuring the Team is knowledgeable and prepared for growth.
- Working with the Director, Branch Operations & Performance to ensure Commercial growth and development aligns with Retail growth and development.
- Ensuring that operations are in compliance with relevant legislation and that the organization is prepared for digitization.
- Driving performance measures for the Credit Union in the form of dashboards for review of key indicators.
- Monitoring market conditions and industry trends for changes required to meet the needs of the Credit Union’s business plan and its members.
- Remaining knowledgeable of products that the Credit Union offers and providing input and recommendations into the development of cost-effective products and services.
- Monitoring economic/market conditions to make recommendations to optimize the risk exposure of the Credit Union.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Chief Operating Officer will have exceptional strengths in communication, leadership, coaching and mentoring. Additionally, the COO will require the ability to:
- Provide a valuable contribution in the development of OMISTA ‘s strategic goals and objectives, as well as the overall management of the organization
- Communicate a compelling vision and maintain high levels of commitment, engagement and accountability to the achievement of goals
- Influence and inspire leadership in others
- Create innovative and strategic thinking
- Understand and execute strategic management practices
- Lead change and follow through on change initiatives
- Provide exceptional skills with electronic banking platforms and the Microsoft Suite of products
- Utilize sales skills with an understanding of industry conditions, competitors’ products and services, and of the benefits of credit union products
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in a business discipline, MBA, CPA, or sufficient experience in lieu of education
- Worked in a progressively senior leadership role within a financial services organization for 10+ years
- Strong operational experience, preferably in a socially responsible financial services organization
- Experience in driving, leading and managing organizational change
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Required Travel: Yes
Location: Moncton / Fredericton
Work Environment: Hybrid / Flexible
Pay Type: Salaried & Bonus
Application Deadline: November 5, 2021
Application ID: COO 2021 001
Email resume to: email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.