Clearing Representative – Flexible Location
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Clearing Representative to join the Finance team! This permanent position offers flexibility in workplace location.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager, Clearing, the Clearing Representative is responsible for processing the daily clearing and direct deposit functions, and making the appropriate entries to the general ledger, member accounts and credit union accounts. The incumbent also provides accounting and administrative support to the general accounting function of the Credit Union.
- Process incoming clearing items and various entries on a daily basis.
- Identify clearing items that have been rejected and obtain correct information.
- Balance and reconcile accounts from the daily clearing and direct deposits.
- Inspect rejected cheques for variances in body and figure, date, signature and endorsements.
- Post charges from manual clearings to member accounts.
- Process Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) and chargeback transactions.
- Make the appropriate General Ledger (GL) entries as indicated by the type of transaction.
- Process stop payments and holds.
- Prepare and reconcile internal accounts and general ledgers monthly.
- Manage AFTs daily/weekly (payroll, fundraising, loans, etc.).
- Maintain files, including filing of L. journal vouchers, cheques, accounts payable documentation and other miscellaneous accounting filings.
- Resolve member problems and complaints with regards to their accounts and/or refer the member to another employee or department as appropriate. Update the Credit Union’s member relationship program, Know-Your-Member (KYM), accordingly.
- Provide administrative support including but not limited to answering the telephone, typing correspondence, checking reports and other documents, sending out transaction records and other mailings, and other general office administration.
- Assist and backs-up the Assistant Manager, Clearing and other members of the Accounting team and complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- One to three years related experience and/or training in an accounting environment
- Completed a diploma in Accounting or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Superior customer service skills
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and contribute to the existing strong team environment
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of Financial Accounting, budget and expense management
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team
- Training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer)
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit and reduced rates on some banking products
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until February 24, 2023.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.