Commercial Administration Officer
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Commercial Administration Officer to join our team, preferably in the three corporate offices – Port Hawkesbury, Antigonish or Dartmouth! This permanent position is well suited for an individual with experience in a financial institution with an administrative background seeking an opportunity in a progressive and innovative organization.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Administration, the Commercial Administration Officer is responsible for the assessment, verification and timely administration of the Commercial Loan Portfolio in accordance with established policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Support exceptional member service by completing non-member facing activities and supporting those who directly serve our members.
- Coordinate the administration and management of all commercial loan files; ensure all security documentation is completed in an accurate manner; complete legal opinion/review as required prior to disbursement of proceeds.
- Assist the Business Services team with appropriate due diligence during the loan application and renewal process. Activities may include obtaining and analyzing Credit Bureau reports, PPSA searches, land assessments and other activities.
- Complete bank confirmations and credit references for borrowing accounts as required.
- Review and analyze the financial information received including both interim and annual financial statements; calculates appropriate ratio analyses and profitability analyses.
- Maintain an appropriate system to ensure the timely receipt of all financial statements.
- Prepare reports for the Business Services team; track commercial targets for referrals and deposits as well as fee collection. Ensure adequate maintenance of reports for all programs such as CSBFA, Provincial Small Businesses Initiative, Micro Lending Initiative, Michelin Program.
- Respond to internal commercial inquiries; assist with the preparation of new commercial account documents as requested and ensure proper documentation is complete.
- Administer and maintain records to ensure annual commercial reviews are completed on time.
- Prepare various correspondences including but not limited to credit term letters, year-end statements, member correspondence, and credit references.
- Maintain a current and thorough knowledge of East Coast Credit Union’s commercial products and services.
- Assist and back-up other members of the Administration Department and complete other duties and projects as assigned.
- Completed a certificate or diploma in business administration plus have three to five years relevant experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience. Lending experience is considered an asset.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be a team player.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Software proficiency including but not limited to MS Office, Horizon Banking, Smart Search.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team
- Flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and Hybrid depending on the role requirements
- Tuition reimbursement, training and personal development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; paid volunteer time and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking
How to apply…
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, please email your resume and cover letter in Microsoft Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.