Does Commercial Banking make your heart “flutter”? Does the idea of Leading a phenomenal group of People while making an impact in your community excite you? Yes, you say? Well , what are you waiting for? We want to meet you!
We are looking for a dynamic Leader to Lead our Commercial Banking Team.
As a Certified B Corp® OMISTA Credit Union exists to provide a better way to bank. OMISTA provides complete banking products and services delivered with honesty, fairness, and trust. We are committed to providing solutions to enhance the financial wellbeing of our personal banking and small-to-medium-size business banking customers. When you “Bank Local” with OMISTA, all money and profits stay in NB creating greater prosperity for our shared economy and communities.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer ( COO), the Commercial Manager will manage and lead the Commercial Lending Services Department of the credit union. The Commercial Manager IS the face of OMISTA in our business communities of Moncton, Fredericton and Oromocto. The Commercial Manager actively participates in external business events while actively building a strong network both within the business community and the credit union system. The Commercial Manager leads a Team of five (5) employees that support service excellence, individual development, team achievement, and productivity and professionalism. The Commercial Manager will work with the Executive Team in the setting of sales targets and marketing plans for the Commercial Banking Unit.
- Manage the overall commercial lending operations for the credit union. Ensure compliance with sound business practice, legislation, regulations, by-laws, policies, and procedures.
- Develop department budget and monitor performance in relation to budget. Provide input into credit union annual budget.
- Establish employee performance standards for the department and identify development and training needs of the Commercial Team.
- Effectively empower, mentor, coach and develop employees to ensure business development objectives are achieved and consistent level of quality service is maintained.
- Assist in the awareness of Commercial products and services by hosting training courses and seminars to the Commercial Team, other OMISTA employees, and / or external audiences as requested.
- Lead in the development of lending sales targets and marketing plans and support achievement of targets and plans.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Commercial Manager will have exceptional strengths in Sales and Operations Management, Leadership, Coaching and Mentoring. Additionally, the Commercial Manager will require the ability to:
- Provide a valuable contribution in the development of OMISTA ‘s strategic goals and objectives and management of the Commercial Department.
- Effectively inspire the Commercial Team to maintain high levels of sales and customer service while maintaining a focus of People First.
- Influence and inspire leadership in others.
- Create a Team whose members are creative and strategic thinkers.
- Understand and execute strategic management practices.
- Lead change and follow through on change initiatives.
- Provide exceptional skills with electronic banking platforms and the Microsoft Suite of products.
- Utilize sales skills with an understanding of industry conditions, competitors’ products and services, and of the benefits of credit union products.
EDUCATION / TRAINING / EXPERIENCE
- Post-Secondary education in a business discipline, MBA, CPA, or sufficient experience in lieu of education.
- Worked in Commercial Lending for 5+ years.
- Exceptional Leadership Behaviours and Experience Leading People.
- Exhibit Traits of being a Life-Long Learner.
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Required Travel: Yes
Location: Moncton / Fredericton
Work Environment: Hybrid / Flexible
Pay Type: Salaried, Personal Bonus, Team Bonus
- Matched Pension 2% – 6%
- Shared Cost Flex Health & Dental
- Paid Vacation Days (3 weeks to start)
- Paid Sick Days
- STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Critical Illness
- Wellness Credit and so much more!
Application Deadline: January 21, 2022
Application ID: CM 2022 001
Email resume to: email@example.com
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.