Commercial Relationship Manager
Valley Credit Union, Nova Scotia, is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 62 employees, and over $ 280 Million in assets. Located in Nova Scotia, within the Beautiful Annapolis Valley. Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for Full Time Commercial Relationship Manager.
The position will be based out of Valley Credit Union’s Head Office located in Waterville N.S. Hybrid Work Arrangements Available.
- Do you enjoy interacting with people?
- Would you like to make an impact with meaningful work?
- Do you see people first, not a number?
- Have you proven your ability to provide a supportive team environment?
- Will you go the extra mile?
If this describes you, keep reading…
Reporting to the Director of Business Solutions, the Commercial Relationship Manager is responsible for examining, evaluating, and authorizing or recommending approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit or extension lines of credit. The incumbent is expected to build a relationship with the customer-owner/client and provide a full array of business products. The incumbent may be called upon to assist Branch staff with credit structuring, assessment and provide training/coaching. Key responsibilities:
- Interviews client/customer-owner to gather sufficient information to determine client needs. Completes an application and a financial analysis for all new, amended and renewal requests, forwarding to Commercial Relationship Manager if it exceeds designated lending limit and/or requires exception to loan policy.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Prepares credit information necessary to establish credit limit including such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience, and personal references, debt/income ratio, credit score, and other underwriting procedures, in accordance with policy and procedures. Verifies applicant’s credit worthiness by obtaining credit bureaus, contacting existing and former creditors, and personal references. Approves or declines loan within approval limits or refers to the next higher approving position level with Notifies customer-owner of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Accepts responsibility for accounts assigned by Commercial Relationship Manager.
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms, repayment options, and other credit terms. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements and security is in place prior to disbursement of the funds. Ensures timely loan closing and disbursement of funds.
- Analyzes potential lending and deposit opportunities involved in each situation to further assist borrowers as well as increase credit union’s lending and investment portfolios. Up sells Merchant MasterCard business expense cards, Canada Small Business Financing and Nova Scotia Small Business Financing/Loan Guarantees Program as well as referrals to partners and branches to grow personal business. Cross sells borrowers on benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Monitors account overdraft activity to ensure accounts operate within limits and qualify from a risk standpoint. Ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Initiates collection action: contacts delinquent borrowers in person, by telephone, or by mail, to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent Confers with customer-owners to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of loan, charge, or credit contract with member. Works with delinquent borrower to recover principle, interest, and security.
- Supported by the Commercial Loan Support Clerk, prepares documentation for loan renewals, loan repayment extensions, substitution of loan securities and releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Recommends new procedures and/or changes to procedures for new and existing loan and deposit products and services.
- Adhere strictly to Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AMLTF) compliance.
- Completes reports and other duties as assigned.
Successful Candidate will possess the following qualifications:
The Commercial Relationship Manager will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
To learn more about Valley Credit Union, click here.
If you are interested in joining a team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-01-CRM-2023.
Valley Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer, who embraces diversity, all persons regardless of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/ or
expression, are encouraged to apply.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled, only those selected for an interview will be