Commercial Relationship Manager
Valley Credit Union is a full-service financial institution with 7 branch locations, 65 employees, and over $200M in assets. Located in the beautiful Annapolis Valley, Valley Credit Union has an immediate need for a Commercial Relationship Manager to join our Team.
- Do you enjoy interacting with people?
- Would you like to make an impact with meaningful work?
- Do you see people first, not a number?
- Can you pride yourself in accuracy and attention to detail?
- Are you interested in future advancement and progression opportunities?
- Are you looking for a supportive team environment?
- Will you go the extra mile?
If this describes you, keep reading…
Reporting to the Senior Commercial Relationship Manager, the Commercial Loans Officer is responsible for examining, evaluating, and authorizing or recommending approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit or extension lines of credit. The incumbent is expected to build a relationship with the customer-owner/client and provide a full array of business products. The incumbent may be called upon to assist Branch Managers with credit structuring, assessment and provide training/coaching.
- Interviews client/customer-owner to gather sufficient factual information to determine client needs. Completes an application and a financial analysis for all new, amended and renewal requests, forwarding to Senior Vice President – Lending if exceeds designated lending limit and/or requires exception to loan policy.
- Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan. Prepares credit information necessary to establish credit limit including such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience, and personal references, debt/income ratio, credit score, and other underwriting procedures, in accordance to policy and procedures. Verifies applicant’s credit worthiness by obtaining credit bureaus, contacting existing and former creditors, and personal references. Approves or declines loan within approval limits or refers to the next higher approving position level with recommendations. Notifies customer-owner of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Accepts responsibility for accounts assigned by Sr Commercial Relationship Manager and VP Member Experience.
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms, repayment options, and other credit terms. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements and security is in place prior to disbursement of the funds. Ensures timely loan closing and disbursement of funds.
- Analyzes potential lending and deposit opportunities involved in each situation to further assist borrowers as well as increase credit union’s lending and investment portfolios. Up sells Merchant MasterCard business expense cards, Canada Small Business Financing and Nova Scotia Small Business Financing/Loan Guarantees Program as well as referrals to partners and branches to grow personal business. Cross sells borrowers on benefits of utilizing other credit union services.
- Monitors account overdraft activity to ensure accounts operate within limits and qualify from a risk standpoint. Ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
- Initiates collection action: contacts delinquent borrowers in person, by telephone, or by mail, to encourage prompt repayment of delinquent accounts. Confers with customer-owners to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of loan, charge, or credit contract with member. Works with delinquent borrower to recover principle, interest, and security.
- Prepares documentation for loan renewals, loan repayment extensions and substitution of loan securities. Prepares releases of security for paid out loans and mortgages.
- Maintains Loan Procedures Manuals, including updates and revisions. Recommends new procedures and/or changes to procedures for new and existing loan and deposit products and services.
- Adhere strictly to Anti-Money Laundering and Terrorism Financing (AMLTF) compliance.
- Completes reports and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
- The Commercial Relationship Manager will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit.
- You will have three to five years experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of behaviours, training and experience and a desire to learn
- Exceptional communication skills
- Work planning and management skills
- Proven sales experience with a customer service mindset
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
If you are interested in joining a Team that believes in going the extra mile, please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your qualifications to Nicole Trentelman, Manager, Human Resources at email@example.com quoting job number VCU-CRM-2021
Although we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: April 30th, 2021