Commercial Services Officer
Maternity Leave Contract Position
(12 – 15 Months with potential for extension)
Annual Salary Range: $48,018 – $56,492
Eagle River Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We are currently seeking an individual with the desire to work in a solutions-focused and member driven environment and share in our success as we continue to grow!
The Commercial Services Officer is responsible for examining, evaluating, and authorizing or recommending approval of commercial and public sector applications for credit or extension of lines of credit. The incumbent is expected to build relationships with the business members/clients and provide a full array of business products. The incumbent will assist with the management of the overall commercial portfolio and work to minimize financial losses and mitigate risks.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Gathers appropriate information from business members/clients to determine their needs
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms according to policy and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the credit review process by performing analysis on all quarterly and annual reviews and loan renewals and issues reporting requirement requests to borrowers.
- Monitors account overdraft activity and ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the Credit Union.
- Analyzes potential lending and deposit opportunities; promotes and cross sells borrowers on the benefits of utilizing other credit union services and refers to system partners and/or branches.
- Provides leadership and guidance to the Branch Managers on the commercial lending function.
- Attends industry events and functions as required.
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ experience in Commercial Credit and Collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. The incumbent will also have:
- Superior customer service and business development skills.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork).
- Superior communication and time management skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives. Our generous
benefits package includes but is not limited to tuition reimbursement, training, and personal
development; Flexible Health and Dental Plan; Registered Pension Plan; and paid volunteer time.
Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.
To apply, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca, or you may complete our online application on our website and upload your cover letter and resume Eagle River Credit Union – General Job Application (eaglerivercu.com). Alternatively, you may drop it off at any of our 6 Branch locations.
Applications will be accepted until May 14, 2021.