Community Engagement Specialist
Coastal Financial Credit Union is a locally owned full-service co-operative financial institution. We believe in giving back to the communities in which we operate. With five branch locations in the southwestern part of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Tusket, Wedgeport, West Pubnico, and Barrington Passage), our focus is on meeting the financial needs of our members.
We are currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Community Engagement Specialist (CES).
As the CES, you will be working as part of our team of professionals, to execute the marketing and community engagement plan for the credit union. Some key responsibilities include:
- Develops annual marketing plan
- Creates or seeks out opportunities to engage members/community
- Creates content for various media (digital, print, website)
- Performs market research and data analysis
To be successful:
As the ideal candidate for this position, you have or are:
- A professional who can work with a team or independently
- A demonstrated history of taking initiative and being self-motivated
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Strong networking and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in the use of social media and current multi-media tools including video and content creation
- Strong technical skills including use of Microsoft Office 365 products and experience with website maintenance platforms
- Research and data analytic skills
Compensation & Benefits:
Coastal Financial Credit Union offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package for this position including but not limited to a generous employee pension, health, dental, life insurance and a long-term disability plan, days off for volunteer activities, an annual health & wellness benefit, vacation days, sick days, and personal days, as well as paid professional development education and training. There is also an opportunity to participate in our incentive pay program as per our policy.
Standard hours of work are 37 hours per week, Monday-Friday. The position will require some travel and may require occasional weekend/evening work.
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience, skills and abilities will lead to success in this role, Attention: Sonia Ryan, Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com
Closing Date October 6, 2023.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. A Fidelity Bond is a condition of employment with Coastal Financial Credit Union, which includes credit and criminal record checks in the application process.