Community Impact & Engagement Specialist – Atlantic Edge Credit Union
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Location: Hybrid working arrangement available in proximate location to any of our 11 branches throughout Western, NL and Labrador.
As part of the Member Experience and Communications team, the Community Impact and Engagement Specialist has an integral role in developing and implementing community and stakeholder impact programs that align with the Credit Union’s mission, vision, and co-operative principles. You will also have a strong focus on ensuring Co-operative Social Responsibility (CSR) activities are incorporated into all AECU organizational practices, policies, operations and business strategy.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Develop, implement and evaluate the Credit Union’s community impact plan; ensuring consideration of all internal and external stakeholders while aligning with the Credit Union’s strategic goals and objectives
- Assist with the creation and implementation of action plans for the integration of CSR activities within departmental functions and activities
- Proactively engage with members and community stakeholders to conduct research and analysis on issues related to environmental, social and governance (ESG), diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI); and develops action plans to align AECU’s community impact plan with community and stakeholder priorities
- In collaboration with a variety of stakeholders, plans, develops, manages, and implements community impact related projects and/or programs including:
- Planning, writing, editing and/or coordinating internal and external communication pieces such as presentation materials, speeches, web content, social media content, multi-media content, feature articles and stories, backgrounders, fact sheets, brochures, annual reports and other related material as required to meet the credit union’s community impact objectives
- Coordinating the communications component for sponsorships, grant programs, and all other community impact activities
- Identifying the most effective communications to highlight the co-operative difference and member value proposition (including look, feel and delivery channels) and developing the content messaging of said materials.
- Seeking out opportunities, organizing and leading activities that assist AECU in demonstrating their co-operative values and commitment to established social purpose
- Representing AECU at events where the opportunity exists to further demonstrate the co-operative values.
- Participate in the development of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and provide ongoing monitoring and reporting of community impact activities.
- Providing recommendations on and management of tools to track community impact and stakeholder engagement initiatives. Train staff on the use of tools and provide ongoing support.
- Working with the branches to develop individual branch community impact plans, collaborating on corresponding budget development and monitoring.
- Collaborating with departmental staff on community impact budget development, monitoring and reporting.
- Responsible for maintaining and delivering the credit union’s financial literacy
The successful candidate will have an educational background in communications, public relations, journalism, or social sciences, plus have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Strong written and oral communication skills including the ability to plan and deliver presentations and training to groups of varying sizes
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated skill in the use of Office365 applications
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to identify and prioritize tasks required to meet objectives
- Demonstrated professionalism and teamwork
- Experience with a variety of social media platforms
- Desire to personally and professionally, align with the seven co-operative principles as well as the co-operative values of democracy, equality, equity, solidarity, honesty, openness, social responsibility and caring for others.
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until July 15th, 2022.