Compliance & Administration Officer, Western NL, Atlantic Edge Credit Union
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots, and purpose-driven cultures.
Location: Hybrid working arrangement available in proximate location to any of our 11 branches throughout Western, NL and Labrador.
As part of the Internal Audit & Compliance team, the Compliance & Administration Officer is responsible for administering AECU’s compliance management program. You will be responsible for ensuring that the organization is compliant with regulatory requirements as it relates to FINTRAC reporting, Anti-Money Laundering legislation, Registered Products & Estate Planning, and Dormant and Inactive account portfolios, as well as ensuring consistent adherence to AECU policies and procedures.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
• Ensure compliance with Government regulations related to Proceeds of Crime, Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA)
• Perform Verafin Compliance duties
• Update and maintain procedures pertaining to FINTRAC and Anti-Money Laundering regulation and compliance
• Provide support to management and staff regarding PCMLTFA and various fraud, risk/security issues, and help conduct staff training where required
• Execute assigned audits; conduct audit analysis, prepare and report findings; make recommendations to management
• Administer the Registered Products and Estate Planning portfolio, as well as inactive and dormant accounts portfolio
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a business degree with a concentration in Accounting, plus have 3 – 5 years’ marketing experience in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. A Canadian Risk Management (CRM) designation would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate will also have:
• Demonstrated understanding of auditing practices and framework
• Advanced knowledge of FINTRAC legislation and regulatory requirements
• Working knowledge of products and services
• Proven training and facilitation skills using training techniques to train adult learners
• Advanced knowledge of products and services
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, and O365
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.