Fraud and Risk are commonplace in today’s financial services arena, and now more than ever, it takes every person in an organization to keep “the bad guys out”. Does the thought of being part of a fantastic Team who works against “the bad guy” sound like a good day at the office to you? If so, read on!
OMISTA is looking to add to its Compliance & Risk Team.
As a Certified B Corp® OMISTA Credit Union exists to provide a better way to bank. OMISTA provides complete banking products and services delivered with honesty, fairness, and trust. We are committed to providing solutions to enhance the financial wellbeing of our personal banking and small-to-medium-size business banking customers. When you “Bank Local” with OMISTA, all money and profits stay in NB creating greater prosperity for our shared economy and communities.
Reporting to Director of Finance & Risk, the Compliance Co-Ordinator will be an Anti-Money Laundering professional who will work closely with the Finance Team in identifying and solving Compliance and Risk challenges faced by the Credit Union. This position will provide the opportunity for continual learning and development and offer insight into the challenging world of Risk in the financial services industry. The Compliance Co-Ordinator will play a big part in the daily activities of the Finance & Risk Team and efficiently process a variety of transactions while providing accurate and detailed assistance to members and other employees of the Credit Union.
- Verify compliance with prescribed regulations, policies and procedures
- Act as Deputy Compliance and Privacy Officer
- Fraud monitoring and processing
- Registered products compliance and regulatory reporting
- Debit, Debit Mastercard and Credit Card administration and reporting
- Share best practices for processes to enforce a strong understanding of compliance guidelines.
- Contribute to the implementation of internal audit programs for operations, security, money laundering, fraud and privacy.
- Provide operational support by answering questions, providing information, problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Support other team members and completes other duties as assigned
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Is detail oriented.
- Has the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Is not only capable, but strong at managing multiple priorities.
- Possesses tact and diplomacy when responding to inquiries from various stakeholders.
- Has strong technical skills.
Experience, Education & Training
- Good understanding of financial products and services, operational policies, procedures, delivery systems, and risk management methodologies.
- Good understanding of Money Laundering risk factors, including a demonstrated appetite to keep up to date with emerging fraud trends and risks.
- Experience working with an AML monitoring system would be considered an asset.
- A minimum of two (2) years working in a financial institution setting
- A strong commitment to a People First – Banking Second methodology
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Required Travel: No
Location: Moncton / Fredericton
Work Environment: Hybrid / Flexible
Pay Type: Salaried, Personal Bonus, Team Bonus
Please Note: The ability to be bonded is a condition of employment with OMISTA. The Bonding Process consists of the completion of a bonding application, criminal record check, and credit check
- Matched Pension 2% – 7%
- Health & Dental Cost Flex (75%/25%)
- Employee Development Opportunities
- Employee Pricing on Accounts
- Min 3 weeks’ Vacation & Paid Sick Days
- STD, LTD, Life Insurance, Critical Illness
- Wellness Credit and so much more!
Application Deadline: July 7, 2023
Application ID: Compliance Co-Ordinator 2023 010
Email resume to: email@example.com
Diversity and Inclusion:
OMISTA Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
We appreciate your interest in OMISTA; however only those being short-listed for an interview will be contacted.