Concierge – Digital Innovation Centre, Truro Location
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Salary: Starting $40,989.00
Application Deadline: Sept 10th, 2021
Community Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With two locations in Cumberland and Colchester Region and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
A Concierge provides errand services and information services to the members. Services include informational request, making telephone calls, devising and maintaining office systems, including ATM and other devices plus data management and filing. Further tasks are including screening phone calls, inquires and requests, meeting and greeting visitors at all levels. Concierges are the first contact with people entering the branch and identifying their needs and desire.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Concierge is responsible for high level of reception and for responding to online inquiries and in-person, delivering advice and solutions to existing and potential members via all virtual channels including but not limited to telephone, email, live chat, SMS, website, and any future technologies adopted by the Digital Innovation Centre. The position is also responsible for providing online counter service to current members and customers; processing financial transactions including daily balancing of cash and transactions; presenting and explaining a basic number of credit union products and online services; cross-selling credit union products and online services and assisting them to utilize these products and online services.
Key Result Areas:
Being the first point of contact of the Digital Innovation Centre; Member Relations; Administrative Support; Delivery of Financial Transaction Services Online; Sales, Marketing and Promotion; Department/Work Unit/Credit Union Support.
- Attentively communicating with our members and customers over the phone, internet and in-person
- Greets members and visitors to the credit union, determines the nature of their business, and handles or directs to the appropriate areas of the credit union for assistance as appropriate.
- Providing information about the facilities and the surrounding areas
- Champion the understanding and provide support, demonstrations and advice to members using all virtual and self-serve channels.
- Operates switchboard to receive incoming calls at the Digital Innovation Centre, determine nature of the calls, and handles or transfers call to the appropriate individuals or departments. Retrieves messages from voice mail and forwards to appropriate person. Takes and delivers messages or transfers calls to voice mail when appropriate personnel are unavailable. Maintains internal telephone listing of extensions.
- Assist the branch network in booking in-person and telephone appointments. Ensure accurate member information and requests are recorded in the appointment scheduling software.
- Responds to members inquiries, requests, or complaints and either handles or directs to the appropriate individual or department. Provides explanations on basic credit union products and services including online service. Aids in resolving account related problems or refers to the appropriate personnel to rectify. Assists members to make the most effective usage of online service offerings.
- Educate and guide through self-serve options including but not limited to deposit accounts, term deposits, registered products, card services, digital services, Collabria Credit Cards.
- Provides administrative support to the credit union including typing memos, correspondence, reports and other documents; project support; maintenance of filing system; receiving, sorting and routing of incoming mail and courier shipments; processing of outgoing mail and courier shipments; sending out transaction records and other mailings; sending faxes and retrieving and routing incoming faxes; ordering supplies; and other general office administration.
- Removes cheques and deposits from and balances cash in night depository and ATM and capture all received cheques to Central 1.
- Assists and supports other staff members and completes other duties as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
The Concierge will have successfully completed a high school diploma plus a one-year office administration course plus have one to two years related experience in an administrative support environment and hospitality management; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform the job successfully at 100% competency, the incumbent must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Written communications
- Work planning and management
- Software proficiency
- Knowledge of products and services
- Knowledge of policies and regulatory environment
- Decision making
- Business acumen
- Adaptability to Change – Applies guidelines or procedures flexibly
- Customer Service Orientation- Takes personal responsibility
- Listening, Understanding and Responding – Listens responsively
- Results Orientation – Acts to achieve defined performance standards
- Teamwork and Cooperation – Expresses positive expectations of team
- Strategic Orientation – Aligns current action with strategic goals of the organization
- Communication- Strong communication skills with colleagues, customers and members
- Self-motivated- Ability to take initiative without extensive oversight
- Positive Attitude- Strong positive attitude towards colleagues, customers and members
If you wish to apply for this position please forward your cover letter and resume to Krystle Clyke at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00pm on Friday, September 10th.