Credit Recovery Officer – Flexible Location, NS
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Full-time Credit Recovery Officer to join our team, preferably based in Halifax Regional Municipality. Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Reporting to the Manager, Credit Recovery you will be responsible for identifying and performing loss mitigation and recovery activities regarding delinquent accounts in accordance with the Credit Union policies and guidelines.
- Manage assigned accounts of consumer, mortgage and commercial loans, credit card and other loans to recover past due accounts.
- Daily contact members, mainly by telephone, to address and bring delinquent accounts in arrears up-to-date.
- Confer with members to determine reason for overdue payment, reviewing terms of loan, charge, or credit contract with member.
- Discuss available options and alternatives and makes referrals for those requiring financial planning advice.
- Prepare and submit claims for loss, and follows-up with CMHC, CSBFA, PLG and other government agencies as required.
- File small claims court claims and attend bankruptcy and small claims court hearings.
- Perform administrative activities and provides support to the Manager, Credit Recovery as required.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years of experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience in credit management.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing risk and sensitive situations
- The ability to travel throughout HRM
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
- Competitive salary.
Learn more about working with us here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5CJRBil5lo
Applications will be accepted until March 14, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.