Flexible location within Nova Scotia
East Coast Credit Union is seeking a Credit Specialist to join our team! Build your career at East Coast Credit Union, where you will discover exciting professional opportunities and a collaborative workplace with great benefits and teams that support you!
East Coast Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. With 18 locations from Halifax to Cape Breton and a virtual presence, we offer refreshingly honest banking and take pride in providing an exceptional member experience.
Under the direct supervision of the Credit Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the branch lending function by acting as a coach/mentor to retail lending staff and making credit decisions in accordance with policy, procedures, and risk tolerance of the Credit Union. This includes but is not limited to restructuring applications when required. The incumbent will be required to identify and approve additional credit products related to applications received. The incumbent will also be called upon to assist with the design/writing of technical training programs and lending policies and procedures. The incumbent will be responsible for completing credit reviews for East Coast Credit Union and its subsidiaries.
- Build continuing relationships with the branch retail lenders and branch managers to facilitate the achievement of branch satisfaction targets through proactive service delivery and effective problem resolution.
- Support branch lending function by acting as a resource for the lending staff – interpreting policy and procedure.
- Support Credit Manager to develop, assist and deliver technical training programs that meet the needs of the Credit Union lending staff.
- Review credit applications to ensure accuracy of data, credit worthiness and profitability for the Credit Union in compliance with relevant legislation, internal and external regulations, policies, procedures, pricing matrix and lending authority.
- Perform personal loan, line of credit and residential mortgage decisions, including approval, restructuring and declines within approval limits.
- Support credit approvals for dealer finance, mortgage brokerage and other non-member facing programs.
- Review and recommend personal loan and residential mortgage applications referred to Atlantic Central &/or CUDIC, including the evaluation of security, credit worthiness and loan to value positions, ensuring the appropriate documentation is prepared.
- Support Branch lending function for self-employed borrowers by reviewing and analyzing company financial statements for cash flow and income forecasting.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to increase branch lending products to facilitate increased retail lender success which in turn increases member satisfaction via pre-approvals.
- Maintain expert knowledge of various lending systems including LOS Loan, ASAPP, Scarlett, Mortgage Automator and other systems and recommend updates/improvements as they become available.
- Maintain expert knowledge of, and assist with, the implementation and monitoring of retail lending policies and procedures and make recommendations to Credit Manager regarding updates to retail lending policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations to improve efficiencies and to improve the quality and accuracy of the information being received from branch staff.
- Complete credit reviews for East Coast CU and its subsidiaries.
- Completes other projects and duties as assigned.
- Successfully completed a Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Business or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years working experience in credit adjudication and mitigation of personal lending.
- Expert knowledge of retail lending practices, procedures, policies with a high concern for compliance.
- Expert knowledge of reviewing credit files.
- Strong knowledge of financial statements, cash flow analysis and forecasting.
- Able to work independently and as a member of a team.
- Highly detail oriented and organized.
- Able to coach and foster a positive environment.
- An effective facilitator with strong oral and written communication skills.
- High knowledge of using various technologies (MS Office – Word, Excel, Outlook, one drive etc.).
- Able to maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development.
- Potential for flexible work arrangements including Flex Time, Telework and compressed work week.
- Competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives.
- Generous benefit package including a Flexible Health and Dental Plan (paid 100% by employer) and up to 9% contribution with employer match in the Defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- Additional employee perks include but not limited to wellness credit; reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and paid volunteer time.
Applications will be accepted until: July 10th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
Don’t meet every single requirement? At East Coast Credit Union, we believe everyone has potential. If you are excited about this career opportunity and your experience may not perfectly align with every qualification in this job posting, we still encourage you to apply. You may be just the right candidate for this role or other opportunities we may have.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
At East Coast Credit Union, we are passionate about creating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace and believe a diversity of perspectives, experiences and backgrounds benefit our employees, our members, and our communities.
East Coast Credit Union is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and accommodation for individuals with disabilities. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 902.464.7124