Database Analyst (1 Year Term)
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for a Database Analyst. This is a one year term position.
Who WE Are:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada. We work together to build and maintain partnerships, and offer timely, results-oriented solutions to our customer credit unions enabling the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We are committed to balancing health and wellbeing with efficient service delivery and strive to create an environment where all team members have opportunities for growth and feel welcome, valued, supported and connected. If your values align with ours, we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central provides a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 42 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $12 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of 294,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. LSM, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
If your values align with ours, consider joining our team as a Database Analyst.
A TYPICAL DAY:
The major focus of this Term position will be the improvement and/or re-development of an existing Application in MS Access. The Application stores portfolio and transactional details and is pivotal in managing a multi-million-dollar investment portfolio. The current data requirements have outgrown the original application and the intent is to improve processes, increase automation, leverage opportunities to import/export data and expand complex reporting capabilities.
Beyond this initial project, you will also assist with the development and implementation of processes to improve, centralize, and automate the delivery of management and regulatory reporting via Power BI and SQL databases.
- Maintains an understanding of the business processes and data structures.
- Develops and maintains automatic processes, using various software platforms including Microsoft Access, VBA (Visual Basics for Applications), Microsoft Excel (with a strong focus on Power Query), Power BI, SQL Databases, XML and Exact Globe, our financial management software.
- Collects functional and data requirements to identify and understand the business requirements of end users with respect to the development of solutions.
- Designs, develops and/or modifies new and existing solutions to accommodate requirements or restrictions in the areas of regulatory reporting, management reporting, data analysis, and ad-hoc requests.
- Tests the solution throughout its development, identifies and resolves issues.
- Provides training and support to end users after the system has been delivered, including but not limited to, demonstrating how to use the solution, answering questions, providing advice, guidance, and mentoring.
- Makes necessary modifications to the solution based on user feedback and improves the overall integrity and usability of the solution by performing regular reviews and updates.
- Develops and maintains related process documentation and user procedures.
- Assists and provides backup support for other priority tasks in response to resource shortfalls and/or requirements for specific expertise.
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned.
As the ideal candidate you will possess demonstrated success in MS Access Application Development along with experience working with Power BI and SQL Databases. Experience or knowledge of Finance/Accounting/Banking is considered an asset.
You have strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical users and create detailed technical manuals. You have analytical and organizational skills and the ability to multitask. You demonstrate competency in working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and interacting with all levels of management and staff.
This position offers the ability to work remotely and services Atlantic Canada
This is a one year term position and is rated a Salary Level CU-6 ($60,644 – $71,346). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on January 12, 2023
If this role sounds like a fit for you, please submit your application via this link : Click Here