Director, Communications & Change Management
Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for the position of Director, Communications & Change Management.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top-notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system, and the communities they serve, to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment, and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership, and advocacy at the provincial, regional, and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in mortgages, loans, and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. League Savings, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of Director, Communications & Change Management, you will be responsible for leading the development and execution of the communications and enterprise change management strategies in support of strategic initiatives for Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage Company (ACLSM) and the Atlantic credit union system. You will provide strategic communications and change management guidance and support to leaders and decision makers within the company and to credit unions in support of critical initiatives and situations.
- Leads the development, execution, and evaluation of the overall communications strategy for ACLSM, ensuring consideration of all stakeholders and alignment with corporate goals and objectives. Liaises with senior executives to ensure internal and external communications are integrated across the organizations.
- Collaborates and coordinates with colleagues, including directors of government relations, and brand marketing on areas with potential impact on the reputation of the system and ACLSM. May act as spokesperson with media for ACLSM or support the CEO in this role.
- Collaborates with stakeholders and plays a leadership role in the planning and delivery of communications services, including but not limited to:
– Developing communications and change management plans and programs;
– Providing communications advice, guidance and assistance to management, staff and credit unions in support of announcements and change;
– Participating as a member of the Business Continuity Team and Emergency Operations Team in the development, maintenance, and execution of a crisis response plan for the company;
– Leading an effective media relations approach, messaging, and coordination, encompassing media training as required.
- Provides mentorship, oversight and guidance as needed on corporate communication assets and projects led by the Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Specialist.
- Serves as the lead for enterprise change management in the company and promotes the change management methodology, processes, tools, and techniques to maximize stakeholder adoption, sustain change and build resilience.
- Oversees the implementation of change management methodology and facilitates the creation of change management plans for critical internal projects, as well as provides advice, guidance and coaching to project teams in integrating change management into their plans.
- Participates in the development of corporate strategies and business plans, including board planning as appropriate, by contributing a change management and communications perspective that encompasses stakeholder impacts and potential concerns.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and manages the departmental plan and annual department budget. Monitors performance results and takes corrective action as appropriate.
- Provides leadership, guidance, coaching, and supervision to department personnel while encouraging a learning environment.
This position offers the ability to telecommute.
This position requires occasional travel and evening and weekend work.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Public Relations plus have a minimum of 10 years relevant experience in a corporate communications role with at least 5 of those being in senior leadership and at least 3 years’ experience in change management or human resources, or have an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Professional accreditation in communications (e.g. ABC or APR) and/or change management certification (e.g. PROSCI) are considered assets.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You are passionate about building solid strategic communications plans and have proven advanced verbal and written communication skills including strong working knowledge of communications principles, media, stakeholder engagement and public relations. You demonstrate competency in working effectively with diverse stakeholder groups and can interact and build relationships with all levels of management and staff. You’ve successfully led and supported large scale change underpinned by your comprehensive change management skills and knowledge. You’re adept at utilizing project management principles, practices and techniques and have a knack for staying organized through planning despite unexpected demands sometimes popping up. Research, analysis, and problem solving utilizing strategic thinking and abstract reasoning comes easily to you.
This is a permanent full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-11 ($106,587 – $125,396). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on Friday, June 25, 2021.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.