Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for an ETL Developer (Contract).
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 42 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $12 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of 294,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. LSM, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of ETL Developer, you will be responsible for the implementation of ETL processes for the Company’s data warehousing and business intelligence system. You will also be responsible for providing coaching and guidance and reviewing the work of other programmers on the data warehouse team.
- Program ETL processes according to design specifications.
- Participates in ETL design discussions within the data warehouse team and contributes to the overall design of the ETL system.
- Provide coaching and guidance to the other programmers on the team, perform code reviews, provide feedback and answer programming related questions.
- Propagate business rules in the ETL system according to design specifications, and oversee the correct propagation of business rules for other programmers on the team.
- Escalate all programming issues for further action, if unable to resolve within the ETL team.
- Design and implement unit tests, integration tests, performance tests, regression tests, sanity tests, and stress tests.
- Enforce existing naming conventions in the ETL processes, and escalate issues, if unable to resolve within the ETL team.
- Contribute to the data dictionary by assisting with documenting business rules and ETL transformations.
This position will be based in our Halifax, NS office, but offers the ability to work remotely as required.
TRAVEL, EVENING AND WEEKEND WORK:
This position requires occasional evening and weekend work.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Degree or Diploma in a relevant computer or business program, plus have 3-6 years of experience in ETL programming; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You have proven advanced knowledge of data warehouse design, dimensional modelling, Kimball methodology and extract, transform, load (ETL) systems and are equally knowledgeable with advanced proficiency in MS SQL Servers, Integration Services and the Server Management Studio. You’re proficient in using SQL Language and in object-oriented programming in a modern general purpose programming language like C#, Java or Python and have proven ability with unit testing in a C#, SQL or ETL environment. You are resilient, and able to shift on the fly, can manage multiple tasks and have strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical users.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to email@example.com.
Atlantic Central and League Savings and Mortgage believes a vaccinated population is a vital part of protecting us, our friends, our families and communities from COVID-19 and the developing, fast-moving variants. With this in mind, we require all our employees to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment, subject to the Company’s duty to accommodate under applicable human rights legislation. For clarity, “fully vaccinated” means having the full series of doses or combination of doses of a vaccine approved by Health Canada or applicable provincial health authority, and at least 14 days have passed since the last dose of the full series was received.