Executive Assistant, Port aux Basques, Atlantic Edge Credit Union
At Atlantic Edge Credit Union, we empower people and communities by providing financial services and
advice built on honesty, fairness, and trust.
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service credit union serving over 17,500 members across
Newfoundland and Labrador. Atlantic Edge was formed in 2022 with the amalgamation of Eagle River
Credit Union and Leading Edge Credit Union, based on a foundation of shared values, community roots,
and purpose-driven cultures.
Reporting to the CEO, the Executive Assistant provides confidential administrative support services to
the CEO, Board of Directors, and the corporate functions of the Credit Union. As you sit at the center of
the organization you will coordinate and assist both corporate and branch staff with project initiatives,
coordination of events, meeting preparation and general administrative support.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
• Provide high quality confidential secretarial and administrative support to the Executive team and
Board of Directors including, processing incoming/outgoing mail, composing internal and external
correspondence, providing editorial support for reporting purposes, general project support and
• Coordinate Senior Management and Board of Director travel and accommodation arrangements
• Record, transcribe, distribute, and maintain master record of Board and Committee meeting
• Maintain records for all Board activities
• Coordinate and arrange meetings, programs, events while overseeing event budget
• Provides file support and troubleshooting as required to branch staff
• Coordinates office supplies and services as required
• Maintain AECU’s policies and procedures manual for new and existing policies
• Respond to member inquiries/escalations
• Assist and support corporate departments in various projects, activities and testing
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a diploma in office management or
administration, plus have 3 – 5 years’ related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
• Proven ability to record and transcribe minutes; create, compose, and edit written materials
• Demonstrated understanding of basic accounting practices, procedures, and terminology
• Working knowledge of products and services
• Knowledge of policies and procedures related to job responsibilities and the regulatory
• Proficient in the use of IT equipment (i.e., projector/mic setup)
• Advanced knowledge in the use of video call software (zoom and Microsoft Teams)
• Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Superior oral and written communication skills
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications, and 0365
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including,
extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement,
Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our
employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of
Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and
promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that
they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid
work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond
Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.