Financial Service Officer – Bridgewater, NS
LaHave River Credit Union is a community based, full service financial institution with a membership of over 2,000 and assets of 61 million in a community located in Bridgewater, Nova Scotia.
We are recruiting a full time FINANCIAL SERVICE OFFICER (FSO) in the Bridgewater Area. The main purpose of this position is to manage and develop, a portfolio providing lending and investment services.
- Do you enjoy interacting with people?
- Do you see people first, not a number?
- Can you pride yourself in accuracy and attention to detail?
- The Salary Grid for the position is $41,000 – $48,000
Reporting to the CEO, the FSO will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Managing and developing a portfolio, providing lending and deposit services to current and potential members
- Ensuring all lending and deposit activities are in compliance with sound business practices, legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Proactively identify members current and future needs through active listening skills during member conversations, to provide our members with appropriate products and services
- Interview members to determine their needs. Complete an application and a financial analysis for all new, amended and renewal requests
- Analyze applicants’ financial status and credit to determine feasibility of granting loan. Prepares credit information necessary to establish credit limit including such factors as applicant’s assets, credit experience, debt/income ratio, credit score and other underwriting procedures in accordance to policy and procedures. Approves or declines loans within approval limits. Notifies member of acceptance or rejection of application.
- Accepts responsibility for assigned accounts.
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates terms, repayment options, and other credit terms. Ensures loan agreements are complete and accurate according to policy and regulatory requirements and security is in place prior to disbursement of the funds. Ensures timely loan closing and disbursement of funds.
- Completes reports and other duties as assigned
Minimum Hiring Qualifications and Experience:
- Should have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration or equivalent experience.
- You will have three to five years’ experience in credit in a financial institution: or equivalent combination of behaviors, training and experience in credit and a desire to learn
- Exceptional communication, work planning and management skills
- Demonstrated accuracy and attention to detail
- Proven computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite with advanced knowledge of Word and Excel)
This is a full-time position offering competitive benefits and compensation commensurate with experience and qualifications with opportunities for advancement.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check
Closing date for this opportunity is October 20, 2022 or until position is filled.
Method of Applying: Please apply by submitting a resume and cover letter explain how you feel you qualify for this position as well as your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org . While we appreciate all submission, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in joining the LaHave River Credit Union Team!