Financial Services Officer
Glace Bay Central Credit Union is a full-service co-operative financial institution with over $60 million in assets, serving approximately 3500 members. We pride ourselves on offering professional member service and giving back to the community within which we operate.
Glace Bay Central Credit Union is actively seeking an experienced professional to join our team as Financial Services Officer. The main purpose of this position is to manage and develop a portfolio, providing lending and investment services to current and potential members. Recognize member needs and promote and cross sell credit union lending and deposit services to members.
Some of the qualifications, which are desired for this position, include, but are not limited to:
- Strong experience in consumer lending and investments in a financial institution along with strong administration skills is preferred.
- Post-secondary education in a related discipline such as commerce, accounting, finance or an investment designation is preferred
- Experience within a branch environment demonstrating compliance with sound business credit judgment and practices with emphasis on following established internal policies, limits, guidelines and procedures
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills as well as tact and diplomacy
- Demonstrated ability to analyze risk and apply strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to make strong independent decisions and make recommendations for lending over assigned limits
- Proficient in computer applications relevant to the position (MS Office products).
- A strong advocate for continuing education and self-improvement
- Proven needs-based relationship building experience
- Team player with a solid work ethic and superior communication skills
This is a permanent full-time position offering a competitive compensation and benefits package commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Applications close on Friday September 10, 2021. Interested candidates should forward their resume in confidence, by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The ability to be bonded is a condition of employment with Glace Bay Central Credit Union. This consists of the completion of a bonding application process which includes a criminal record and credit check.
Glace Bay Central Credit Union wishes to thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.