Financial Services Officer
Financial Services Officer
We are committed to the following core values in operating our organization:
- We go above and beyond for our people – members, staff, and board.
- We are accountable and have integrity.
- We work together as a team.
- We seek to continuously improve.
- We act in the best interests of our communities.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide individual financial counseling and information to members on loan services and deposit products available through the credit union.
- Analyze applicants’ personal and financial data to determine lending/investment needs, loan feasibility, verifies applicant’s credit worthiness, establishes credit limits, approves or declines loan within approved lending limits, while ensuring loan agreements are complete and accurate according to requirements.
- Sell various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, LIFs, etc. as appropriate or refers to Financial Planning Representatives where appropriate.
- Complete other duties as assigned by supervisor and/or management.
Education and Abilities:
- College diploma with at least three years financial institution experience; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
- Experience and eagerness to provide superior customer service.
- Professional manner and poise, and sensitivity in dealing with confidential information and materials.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively work with diverse groups and to interact with all levels of management and staff.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word), data systems, software applications and technology.
- Fluency in French orally and written would be an asset
What We Offer:
- Outstanding culture and opportunity to join an engaged and community-focused team.
- Market competitive compensation plus annual bonus.
- Generous benefit package including flexible health and dental Plan, sick time, and 6% contribution with employer match in a Defined Contribution Pension Plan and Group Retirement Saving Plan with up to 3% employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, training, and career progression opportunities.
- Additional employee perks including but not limited to, annual fitness and clothing allowance, and reduced rates on employee loans/mortgages and no service fee banking.
- Salary range for this position: $49,942.68 – $58,756.10 plus a bilingual premium if applicable.
Do you think you would be a good fit for the role? Tell us why by submitting your resume and cover letter no later than July 10th, 2023.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We wish to thank applicants in advance; only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity and Inclusion:
Provincial Credit Union invites applications from all qualified individuals. Provincial Credit Union is committed to employment equity and diversity in the workplace, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds. Accommodations are available for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment process.