Atlantic Central is currently accepting applications for its subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company (LSM), Halifax Branch, for a Financial Services Officer I, Commercial & Lending Services.
WHO WE ARE:
We are passionate people committed to top notch customer service and partnering with our credit unions across the Atlantic provinces to enable the Atlantic credit union system and the communities they serve to thrive.
We strive to empower and support the growth of our employees in our team environment and we want YOU to join our team!
WHAT WE DO:
Atlantic Central is the trade association for credit unions in Atlantic Canada, with offices in Halifax, Riverview, and Charlottetown. We provide a range of services, leadership and advocacy at the provincial, regional and national levels. Collectively, the 45 credit unions we support are entrusted to manage $6 billion in mortgages, loans and deposits on behalf of more than 300,000 Atlantic Canadians.
The company’s operations also integrate those of our subsidiary, League Savings and Mortgage Company, a federally regulated provider of wholesale banking services to credit unions, with assets under administration in excess of $2 billion. League Savings, a trusted credit union partner for over 50 years, is evolving its business model and is expanding into new markets and expected to experience significant growth over the next several years.
In the role of Financial Services Officer I, Commercial & Lending Services, you will be responsible for processing commercial loan renewals, disbursing funds and administering the LSM Participation loan portfolio. You will also provide specialized commercial mortgage administrative and project support to the Commercial and Lending Services department; high quality customer service to clients and credit unions; and promote and cross-sell existing and potential clients on the benefits of using other LSM/AC and/or credit union products and services.
- Analyze commercial mortgage loan files to prepare and process commercial loan renewal documentation, interest rate blends for refinances and early renewal requests. Negotiate new renewal terms, determine solutions to retain business and identify potential refinance and other business opportunities.
- Prepare and process commercial loan disbursements. Determine conditions to be met prior to funding. Work closely with underwriters, clients, credit unions and/or brokers to fulfil requirements and ensure compliance. Review final security documentation received from lawyer and liaise with lawyers/legal office to have required amendments made. Ensure completeness and verify accuracy of all required documents.
- Provide guidance and assistance regarding the participation loan process, identify and resolve all issues. Administer the LSM Participation loan portfolio.
- Prepare commercial loan Offers of Financing. Review completeness and verify accuracy of terms and conditions.
- Act as a resource regarding commercial and lending services procedures and product information. Provide input and assist in the development and implementation of new practices.
- Participate in cross-training on a regular basis on the other commercial/lending services administration functions. Actively participate in achieving departmental objectives.
This position will be based in our Halifax office.
This position requires minimal travel.
TO JOIN OUR TEAM:
As the ideal candidate you will have successfully completed a Diploma in Business Administration plus have 3-5 years relevant lending and/ commercial administration experience in a financial institution; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
You have strong time- management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize work, at times with conflicting priorities. You have a solid working knowledge of commercial and/or residential mortgage processes and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office products. You have the ability to work independently and also have experience working in and contributing to a diverse and successful team environment.
This is a full-time position and is rated a Salary Level CU-5 ($50,728 – $59,680). Atlantic Central offers a competitive benefits package as well as the opportunity to participate in the Performance Sharing Incentive Plan.
Applications will close on March 17, 2021.
If this sounds like you, please forward your résumé and salary expectations in MS Word or PDF format in confidence, to firstname.lastname@example.org.