Financial Services Officer – Jeffrey’s, NL – Atlantic Edge Credit Union
Atlantic Edge Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We are hiring a Financial Services Officer with the desire to work in a solution-focused and member driven environment and to share in our success as we continue to grow!
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Financial Services Officer (FSO) will use an enthusiastic approach to foster key relationships with members and reviews the member’s financial information to determine the appropriate credit, investment, and product or service offering.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Conducts interviews with applicants to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs
- Evaluates and authorizes or recommends approval of credit applications – Line of Credit, Loan, Mortgage
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates, terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Promotes and sells various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc. (as appropriate) to members
- Processes member transactions, loan applications, mortgages, lines of credit, overdrafts, credit cards and payment cards
- Provides individual financial counseling and information to members on loan and deposit product and services; and sells various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, LIFs, Mutual Funds
- Monitors overdraft activity and ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union
- Initiates collection action
- Document preparation for loan renewals, payment extensions and provides support to the audit department for loan documentation
- Provides front line counter service support during peak hours, staff shortages and vacations
The successful candidate will have successfully completed a certificate or diploma in Business Administration plus have three to five years’ experience in credit and collections in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate will also have:
- Superior customer service skills
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives
- Experience with work planning management
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Established knowledge of the lending process with proven sound lending judgement
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of policies, financial principles, and the regulatory environment
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing)
- Proficiency with Microsoft 0365 applications
- Superior communication and time management skills
What’s in it for you?
We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages with performance-based incentives, including, extended health and dental, life insurance, EAP, optional critical illness, tuition reimbursement, Registered Pension Plan, and paid volunteer time.
We encourage regular manager-employee performance feedback and goal alignment through our employee performance management program.
Interested in applying?
Atlantic Edge Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We are an equal opportunities employer and encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels.
The successful candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada, and where applicable have a valid work or study permit.
Please note that all offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Bond Application which includes a criminal record check and a credit check.
To apply, please submit your resume to email@example.com or visit our website: atlanticedgecu.ca to complete our online application.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.