Financial Services Officer
Teachers Plus Credit Union is accepting applications for a Full-time Financial Services Officer. This position is ideal for an individual with experience providing excellent financial planning, lending, and investment solutions to others.
Teachers Plus Credit Union is a community based full-service financial institution located in Bedford, Nova Scotia, serving approximately 2800 members. We are committed to our community and offer a workplace that strives to live its values everyday.
Reporting to the CEO, the Financial Services Officer is responsible for examining, evaluating, authorizing, and recommending solutions to our members in response to their request for lending products, deposit products or financial planning. The incumbent is also responsible for discovering and recommending any other products offered by the credit union from which the member would benefit.
To be successful in the role, you would:
- Conduct personal or telephone interviews with new or current members to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Analyze financial status, credit history, and any other pertinent information including security valuation to determine feasibility of granting credit. Approve or decline loan within authorized lending limits or recommend approval to next level
- Compile loan package and negotiate loan structure with applicant including interest rates, terms, repayment options and other credit terms depending on risk profile.
- Provide general financial planning, budgeting advice and retirement planning by evaluating current savings and pension savings. Refer member to partners as required by the complexity of the needs.
- Assist with growing business through marketing activities including actively interacting with the community and helping members and non-members grow their financial knowledge. This may include presenting sessions on specific financial topics to small groups.
- Recognize any opportunities to appropriately cross-sell credit union products or refer to credit union partners.
- Monitor overdraft activities to ensure members are operating within credit union guidelines and the risk of loss is minimized.
- Ensure adherence to credit union policies as well as any applicable legislation
- Complete reports and other duties as assigned.
As the ideal candidate for this position, you hold a university degree and three to five years experience in personal lending and financial planning or an equivalent combination of education and experience. You are a strong communicator, very good at building relationships and want to use your experience and knowledge to help individuals get ahead financially. You have a sound knowledge of financial products, services, and regulatory requirements.
- An outstanding working environment that focuses on the well-being of our staff and members
- A strong belief in continuing education for self-fulfillment and to improve how we do our jobs
- A competitive salary and benefit package
- Participation in a generous defined benefit pension plan
- Additional staff benefits which includes waived banking service fees and reduced staff interest rates on loans and mortgages.
Please note that the successful applicant will need to be bondable and to prove full vaccination against COVID-19.
Interested in applying?
Please submit your resume in word or pdf along with a cover letter outlining clearly how your prior experience will lead to success in this role to the attention of Dale Roode at email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until August 22, 2022
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application, and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.