Financial Services Officer
Labrador Savings Branch
Happy Valley – Goose Bay
Hourly Rate Range: $22.91 – $26.95
Eagle River Credit Union is a full-service financial cooperative organization that is deeply committed to the communities in which we live and work. We are currently seeking an individual with the desire to work in a solutions-focused and member driven environment and share in our success as we continue to grow!
Using an enthusiastic approach, the Financial Services Officer (FSO) creates relationships with members; and reviews the member’s financial information to determine the appropriate credit, investment, and product or service offering.
Main Responsibilities & Focus
- Conducts interviews with applicants to obtain personal and financial data to determine lending and/or investment needs.
- Evaluates and authorizes or recommends approval of credit applications – Line of Credit, Loan, Mortgage.
- Compiles loan package and negotiates loan structure with applicant, including rates terms repayment options, and other credit terms.
- Provides front line counter service support during peak hours, staff shortages and vacations.
- Promotes various deposit services including term deposits, RRSPs, RESPs, RRIFs, etc. (as appropriate) to members.
- Ensures appropriate action is taken to minimize losses to the credit union.
The successful candidate will have: a certificate or diploma in Business Administration; plus have three to five years’ experience in credit and collections, preferably in a financial institution; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Successful completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be an asset. The incumbent will also have:
- Superior customer service and business development skills.
- Proven ability to achieve and exceed business/sales objectives.
- An outgoing and self-motivated nature with strong work ethics.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Proven history of accuracy and high attention to details (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing).
- Superior communication and time management skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- We offer competitive compensation and benefits with performance-based incentives. Our generous
benefits package includes but is not limited to tuition reimbursement, training, and personal development; Flexible Health and Dental Plan; Registered Pension Plan; and paid volunteer time.
Eagle River Credit Union values diversity in the workplace and we are committed to the principle of Employment Equity. We encourage the recruitment and promotion of aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and women, to ensure that they are equitably represented at all levels of employment within the company.
To apply, please forward your resume to HumanResources@ercu.ca, or you may complete our online application on our website and upload your cover letter and resume Eagle River Credit Union – General Job Application (eaglerivercu.com). Alternatively, you may drop it off at any of our 6 Branch locations.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.