Financial Services Representative – Barrington, N.S.
JOB OPPORTUNITY: FINANCIAL SERVICES REPRESENTATIVE – BARRINGTON, NOVA SCOTIA
Coastal Financial Credit Union is a locally owned co-operative financial institution. We offer a full suite of financial products and services including chequing and savings accounts, investments, personal and commercial lending (including fishing boats/licenses). We believe in giving back to the communities in which we operate. With five branch locations in the southwestern part of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Tusket, Wedgeport, West Pubnico, and Barrington), our focus is on meeting the banking needs of our members.
To join our team of professionals, we are accepting applications for a permanent full-time Financial Services Representative (FSR). The position is based in the Barrington Branch however all staff must be open to travel and/or re-assignment to other branches as required by changing business conditions within the organization.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, a diploma/certificate from a Post-Secondary Business Program, plus up to one year’s related experience and/or training. A combination of education and experience may be considered. The incumbent will also have/be:
- superior customer service skills with the ability to develop business and achieve sales objectives
- very comfortable with technology and adapts easily to new digital processes, tools, products, and services
- an outgoing and self-motivated nature, team player, with a strong work ethic
- demonstrated critical thinking, problem solving skills, initiative, and ability to work independently
- proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing etc…)
- strong time management/organizational skills
The Barrington Branch is a financial advice center focusing on technology and innovation in banking. The FSR will:
- pro-actively provide sound financial advice and guidance to members
- maintain current knowledge of all products & services with an emphasis on digital channels
- actively promote and educate members on the use of digital products and services
- actively develop business and achieve sales goals through service excellence, product knowledge, and effective member relationship management practices
- provide members with a variety of financial services (including account openings) with a high level of professionalism and accuracy
- processes and balances various financial transactions and cash drawer
We offer a comprehensive salary and benefit package for this position including but not limited to a generous employee pension, health, dental, life insurance and a long-term disability plan, days off for volunteer activities, an annual health benefit, vacation days, sick days, and personal days, as well as paid professional development education and training.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by June 17, 2022, to Sonia Ryan, Manager of Human Resources at email@example.com
NOTE: All offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.