Financial Services Representative (Casual)
Coastal Financial Credit Union is a locally owned co-operative financial institution. We offer a full suite of financial products and services including chequing and savings accounts, investments, personal and commercial lending (including fishing boats/licenses). We believe in giving back to the communities in which we operate. With five branch locations in the southwestern part of Nova Scotia (Yarmouth, Tusket, Wedgeport, West Pubnico, and Barrington), our focus is on meeting the banking needs of our members.
To join our team of professionals, we are accepting applications for a casual Financial Services Representative (FSR). The incumbent must be available to work in all branch locations (excluding Barrington) as changing business conditions within the organization dictate.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of a High School diploma, a diploma/certificate from a Post-Secondary Business Program, plus up to one year’s related experience and/or training. A combination of education and experience may be considered. The incumbent will also have/be:
- superior customer service skills with ability to develop business and achieve sales objectives
- very comfortable with technology and adapts easily to new digital processes, products, and services
- an outgoing and self-motivated nature, team player, with a strong work ethic
- demonstrated critical thinker, problem solving skills, initiative, and ability to work independently
- proven history of accuracy and high attention to detail (data entry, paperwork, cash balancing etc…)
- strong time management/organizational skills
- pro-actively provides financial advice to members
- maintains current knowledge of all products & services
- is comfortable with, and adapts quickly to new technology (processes, tools, products, and services)
- achieves sales goals through service excellence, product knowledge, and effective member relationship management practices
- processes and balances various financial transactions and cash drawer
- provides members with a variety of financial services with a high level of professionalism and accuracy
Salary will be based on experience within a competitive range for the position. Benefits include but are not limited to, an employee wellness allowance and participation in the employer incentive pay program.
Interested candidates should forward their cover letter and resume by January 6, 2023, to Sonia Ryan, Manager of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE: All offers of employment are conditional upon the acceptance of an Individual Fidelity Bond Application which includes a criminal check and a credit check.
We understand the time and effort that it takes to submit an application and we wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.